Chapter 5 - The Kardashians ft. My Date, My Ex And My Boss

Hey! I'm back. Before you take out your pitchforks and start threatening to kill me for leaving you on a cliffhanger and not updating in forever, I'll be the first to say, I'm sorry. *Starts dancing* IS IT TOO LATE NOW TO SAY SORRY?! Ok, I'll just stop now. But I'm finally finished this chapter and I'm hoping to get another chapter out by Monday. Anywho, I'll see you at the end of this chapter.

Jessica~

Song- P!ATD, Girls/Girls/Boys. (Because 1. Why the fudge not? 2. It kinda relates to this chapter (I wrote this chapter listening to this song on repeat. And, 3. Why the fudge not?) Ok, I think I'm just hungry.

"Your enemies are not to be destroyed, grant them longevity to witness your success."
― Michael Bassey Johnson

------------------------------------------

+Payton's POV+

"Why hello there Payton."

That voice. That voice that I had once cherished. The one that had comforted me when my parents couldn't. The one that had told me everything was alright when I believed it wasn't. The one that had told me they loved me.

But now, it meant nothing.

The voice that I had once cherished was now something that I abhor. The voice that once comforted me made me feel misery now. The voice that had told me everything was alright made me feel as if nothing was right in the world anymore.

Most of all, the voice that had told me that they loved me was now completely emptied and only made me feel one thing;

Hatred.

"Come on Payton, you know you can't avoid me forever," he said with a chuckle.

He hadn't changed at all since the last time I saw him. He still had the same jet black hair and piercing grey eyes. The only thing that had changed about him now was that instead of seeing him and wanting to hug him, I wanted to push him away as far as possible.

I wanted to avoid him, just run out but that was not an option.

You cannot find peace by avoiding life.

So, I straightened up and stood my ground. I stared at him right in the eyes.

Running away from problems will only make you more distanced from the solutions.

"I'm not avoiding you Adam, I'm simply pretending as if you never existed because that's how much you mean to me now." An expression unidentifiable flickered onto his face after what I said seeming to be something crossed between anger, confusion and hurt. I turned to look at Jordan who stared back at me with wide eyes, mouth open frozen in place. The waitress didn't seem as interested as she was before and was slowly moving backwards toward the kitchen. The rest of the costumers were still watching the whole scene unravel.

"You know, I've never stopped looking for you ever since you left 2 years ago" he said taking a step forward, I hadn't even noticed that I unconsciously took a few steps back.

"If you still want children in the future, I'd advise you to stay back" I said directing my gaze once again at his eyes. I wanted to just break down right there right now, but something in me had the strength not to and allow me to stay strong.

He let out a low chuckle and looked down at his feet. "The only children I ever wanted were with you, Payton" he looked back up at me with a small smile but I could see a glint of evil in his eyes. Before he was able to take another step forward, Jordan stepped in front of me creating a wall between Adam and I.