Chapter 39 - Daisies

Hello everyone! Welcome back to another chapter!

Thank you guys so much for the support on this story:) We hit #150 in romance a few weeks ago and I honestly freaked out XD

(Don't tell anyone but I also kinda teared up.)

Anyway, I never imagined that this story would come this far but it did, and I'm just glad that I continued writing because through this book I found a new hobby of mine; writing.

SPEAKING OF HOBBIES...if any of you guys are interested, I started an art account on Instagram.

Go follow @jessstudiess_x On Instagram, I'll be posting artsy pictures of mybnotes and journals for all your aesthetic needs . XD

Feel free to DM me there if you have any questions about anything or you just want to talk to someone :)

Lmao, SHAMELESSS SELF PROMO

Anyways, back to the chapter. I hope you guys enjoy. (please ignore any typos.)

Song - Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend, Like I'm Gonna Lose You

~Jessica

"But she wasn't around, and that's the thing when your parents die, you feel like instead of going in to every fight with backup, you are going into ever fight alone."

-Mitch Albom

***************

"Okay, we're here," I nervously opened the car door and stepped out. Hunter was still sitting, waiting for my go ahead to come out. "C-could you maybe just give me a minute?"

Hunter nodded sympathetically. "I'll wait for you in here, just call me when you're ready."

I breathed in deeply and closed the door before turning around. I took in my surroundings.

A graveyard.

A place where living people mourned for the dead.

I often felt as though a graveyard really wasn't for the dead at all, it was more of a way for people who were alive to pretend that someone who isn't here anymore still existed; and maybe that was all the comfort they needed.

It was what I needed though. Coming back to this graveyard just made me miss them even more, it made me remember.

I took one last deep breath in before turning back around and opened the car door for Hunter.

Without saying a word, he stepped out and took my hand. I glanced up at him and he looked back down at me with a reassuring nod.

Leading him further into the graveyard, I looked at the flowers I had in my other hand. Daisies.

Turning a corner, we stopped at headstone.

IN LOVNG MEMORY OF

Mario & Elena Flores

1963-2002

Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us everyday.

"I thought that it was about time that you meet my parents," I said softly.

Hunter's grip on my hand tightened as he read the headstone. "Mario and Elena."

"Those were their names," I inhaled sharply.