Chapter 27 - New Year, New Love

Hello people! And Happy New Year! Well, I guess it depends on when you are reading this... But yes! This is the New Years special! It's a bit longer than usual I hope you guys don't mind, which I'm pretty sure you won't ;)

Oh my, 2016 is almost over and to be honest, I'm pretty glad. Onto a New Year and hopefully it's a better one!

I want to thank each and everyone one of you who have read my story. It's actually kind of surreal to me at how far this story has come and It is all thank to you guys <3 So Thank you!

Anyways, I'll keep this author's note short and sweet. Remember to comment and vote and I'll see you guys all in the next chapter, next year! :)

Song- Cover by Twenty One Pilots, Can't Help Falling In Love

~Jessica

"I'm in love with you," he said quietly.

"Augustus," I said.

"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

**********************************************

"Hey, buttercup. Wake up, we're here."

I groaned as my eyes slowly fluttered open and I looked around. The private jet had come to a stop and I could tell by the sight outside from the window that we had landed somewhere that was snowy.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at Hunter who was staring at me intently with a small smile on his face. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and stretched.

"There are those beautiful eyes that I call cucumbers," Hunter chuckled.

I lightly smacked his arm, "Oh shut up."

"Oh come on cucumber, you love it."

I crossed my arms, "I swear if you make that my new nickname..."

"Hmmm, maybe I should. How about that cucumber? Do you like that cucumber?"

I glared at him in annoyance and huffed, "Hunter please," I whined.

"Cucumber please," Hunter mocked.

I turned away from him and got up from my seat. As I started to walk over to the exit of the jet I had a little smirk on my face, "Well then, I guess someone isn't going to have a Disney movie marathon with me, starting with Cinderella."

I heard rustling coming from behind me then Hunter appeared beside me with a sheepish smile.

I raised an eyebrow, "May I help you?"

"About those movies..."

*****

Hunter threw a piece of popcorn in his mouth as he snuggle into the blanket even more. He giggled like a little boy, "I love Gus Gus."

I laughed, "I can't believe that you're actually a serious CEO during the day. You're so different when I'm with you."

I leaned against his chest as I kept my eyes on the TV screen where Cinderella was playing. Hunter didn't respond to what I said but I could feel his heart beat a little faster and I smiled.