Chapter 21 - I'm As Straight As A Broken Ruler

Hello guys! I'm back with a new chapter, and first off, hope everyone had a happy halloween! The next few of my chapter will be still based around halloween seeing as though I didn't come around to finishing and publishing the halloween chapter before Halloween. After that, there will be Christmas and Holiday themed chapters, so look out for that as well. Also, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 25K Reads and 1K Votes!!!! I never imagined for this story to go this far so thank you for making this possible :)

Anyways, without further ado, let get ROIIIIIIGHT into the Chapter!

Song- Nick Jonas, Jealous

~Jessica

"It's okay. It may not seem like it right now, but you are going to be fine. I know it's scary, but don't be afraid. You are who you are, and you should love that person, and I don't want anyone to have to go through 22 years of their life afraid to accept that."

― Connor Franta

********************

I burst through the hospital doors, random strands of hair flying in my face. I didn't even bother fixing my bun, I had to get to room 213. As I raced past the receptionist she gave me an annoyed look but I didn't care.

The seconds it took for me to get to his room felt like years, "Is everything okay?!" I ran into the room. "I came here a soon as-"

"Hello my fellow chameleon," a raspy yet still distinctive voice said out loud. I looked over at the bed to see Jordan sitting up, a big smile on his face.

Oh, I had definitely missed that smile of his and that voice.

Although his skin was pale and grey, hair tousled and bags under his eyes, his grin warmed everything up. Even at his worst, he still looked like his best. I bolted to his bed and carefully engulfed him in a hug. "I missed you so much," I whispered. I could feel my vision clouding up. I turned around an saw Gideon standing my the wall with a small smile on his face, "You scared me with that call, I thought something really bad happened."

"I wanted it to be a surprise," he answered walking over. "I know how stressed you've been lately and I thought that this could lighten up your mood." I smiled and gave him a small hug.

"Yeah, sorry for being a part of that stress," Jordan said with a sheepish smile.

"At least you're okay," I sighed in relief. "We were all getting really worried about you."

"Even the boss?" he asked with a smirk.

"Despite what you think of him, he actually has a bit of a heart."

"I'll leave you guys for a bit so you can catch up," Gideon said making his way to the door. Jordan gave him a slight nod and I smiled at Gideon.

They didn't seem to be tearing at each other's throats... At least not yet.

"You know about my relationship with him, don't you?" I turned around and looked at Jordan's pale blue eyes examining me.

"Um-" I tired to think of some excuse to say but Jordan cut me off.

"I'm not mad Payton if that's what you're afraid of, I just want to know."

I sighed, "yeah, I know. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be all up in your business."

Jordan laughed, "all up in my business? No offence woman, but I'm pretty sure that I've been pretty much ignored ever since you and the big boss started dating. How is that going anyways?"

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. "It's going well, we've actually been together for about a month now."

"Oh, wow, I've been out for about... 2 weeks then?"