Chapter 28 - Time Apart

Hello people of the internet! Welcome back to another chapter. Sorry about the delay, I was visiting my sister for the past two weeks and forgot my laptop charger so I couldn't really write any new parts. I did write a few new chapters on her laptop but I feel like I write a lot better with my laptop so I decided to just take a little pause while I was with her as well as spend most of my time just with her in general since I don't see her often.

Anyways, enough of that, you guys are here for a new chapter, not a life story. Before this chapter begins, I'd just like to thank you guys for over 80k reads and over 3k votes! <3 I feel like I say this every single time but seriously, I love you guys so much<3 None of this would have happened if you guys hadn't added it to you reading lists, voted, commented and shared with people. I'd like to especially thank all of you that are active on my story <3 it may not seem like I do, but I check all of my notifications and read all of my comments so if you ever voted or commented on any of the chapters, then I have definitely seen it. ;)

Other than that, I just hope that you all enjoy this chapter, it's a bit of a short one (ugh) and ends with a cluffhanger (double ugh) AND you're probably going to hate me by the end of it (Please don't kill me).

Sooooo ye, Umm still love you tho???? <3 <3 <3 ^-^

Song- One Direction, Little Things

~Jessica

"What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? How can I want so desperately for him to wrap me up in his arms but also want so much for him to leave me alone."

― Amanda Grace, But I Love Him

*************************************

I love you.

Three little words that could drive a person to insanity.

People did crazy things when they were in love but to me, saying 'I love you' was one of them as well.

I mean, they were just words but words lasted the longest.

Think of it this way; If you broke your leg, you would go to the hospital and get it fixed up. It might take a while for it to fully recover but in the end, the pain will leave and it will be like it was never even there.

But words weren't like that. Words lasted for a long time. Unlike pain, words were seared into your memory. They were like a crumpled up piece of paper. No matter how hard you tried to flatten it again, it'll never truly be perfect and flat again. You can try and try, but at the end of the day, there will always be creases that'll remind you of what that paper used to be.

Words could never be forgotten and that's what made them powerful.

I honestly didn't know what was really coursing through my mind when Hunter told me that he loved me. It felt as though I was prepared and unprepared for it all at once.

Maybe everything was going to be alright just like I thought; I hoped. But there was this doubt at the back of my mind; it latched onto me like a leech and wouldn't let my mind rest.

The small smile that I had slowly fell as did my head and I focussed on the floor instead.

All this time I was afraid to love again, to be hurt but I didn't have that fear with Hunter, so what was holding me back from telling him that I loved him too?

"Cucumber?" I heard Hunter say. "Look at me."

Slowly, I looked back up at me and my eyes watered again.