Bonus Chapter - A Very Merry Blackthorne Christmas

It has been a while!!!!!! I hope you guys missed me because I've missed you guys so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

I've missed writing new chapters.

I've missed interacting with all of you.

Ive missed Payton and Hunter and everyone else in this story.

{Wow, that got sappy real quick}

I hope all of you guys are having a wonderful Christmas Eve, and a good end to 2017 :)

I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for this, so I'm not going to make this author's note too long.

Enjoy the chapter ;)

Song - Mariah Carey, All I Want For Christmas Is You

~Jessica

"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
― Dr. Seuss

ⓟⓐⓨⓣⓞⓝ

"...Oh it's the most wonderful time of the year..." I hummed happily as I opened up another box of bobbles to hang on the large Christmas tree in the living room. I smiled as I heard the fireplace crackle and allowed the heat to warm my body.

I picked up a glittery plastic snowflake and laced a string around it. Placing it onto one of the branches, I turned back around to the box. being the impatient person I was, my eyes floated back to the large star that was to be placed at the very top of the tree. It was always my favourite part of the whole process; adding the piece that pulled the whole tree together.

My hands trailed to the ornament and picked it up. "Whatever, the other ornaments can wait," I muttered half to myself and half to the large gold star that was in my hands. "You're special buddy."

The tree that Hunter and I had decided to get this year was huge; Hunter had insisted on specifically getting one from this little town in Ontario. He had asked negotiated endlessly with Xavier for him to get one for weeks. Some people may ask why? Why would it be that hard to just get a damn tree?

Hunter.

That's the reason why.

He had been told by Xavier that Canada was known for having the best coniferous trees and that was all that was needed for Hunter to want one.

Xavier was on vacation in a little town with the population of about only 200 and had sent Hunter many pictures of the area and a fir tree in one of them had caught his eye.

Now it wouldn't be that hard to get a tree shipped over to New York but there was another catch to it...

The tree that Hunter specifically wanted was 1) On private property, and 2) neither Hunter nor Xavier even had a cutting permit.

What was at first just an innocent hunt for a good Christmas tree became mission impossible.

Hunter became obsessed with getting that tree for the living room.

It was safe to say that my husband became infatuated with a tree.

Hunter began to stay up late, on the phone with God knows who. He stopped eating, sleeping, even going to work. His life began to revolve around a fir tree.

He had gotten into contact with the owners of the property only to be denied four times and threatened by a restraining order if he didn't leave them alone.