Chapter 2-Dimitri (just revised)

Dimitri Alexandrov stood 6'5", had longish black hair, emerald green eyes and very chiseled facial features.

He sported a scar that ran across his left eyebrow and down about the middle of his cheek. It certainly didn't take away from how he looked in fact it added to the attraction.

He had extremely broad shoulders, well defined chest and pecs and biceps that went on for miles and that ever envious "V" that narrowed his hips and legs like tree trunks.

He believed in working out and taking care of his body. He enjoyed his vodka and cigars sometimes cigarettes but never did drugs and wouldn't tolerate anyone that did.

His other weakness was tattoos. He had a cross in the middle of his chest that looked like scroll work and dark tribal looking ink that went down his right shoulder and curled around his arm and another one that said Carina on his pec. 

There was something very sexy about inked up men and he personified sexy.

He'd just stepped out of the shower and was toweling off when his phone rang. "Da? (yes?) Gotova li ona? (Is it ready?) Korosho (good)."

Hanging up he ran his hand through his wet hair and started to brush his teeth and after rinsing finished drying off and went to get dressed thinking about his trip to America and a girl that has been betrothed to him since she was 10.

Dimitri pulled out his grey Armani suit, navy blue button down dress shirt and silver tie.

He was an extremely attractive man and even though he knew it he never flaunted it.

He was also a formidable boss, whom you didn't want to cross and you never ever lied to him. You would disappear and they would never find your body.

He looked tough on the outside but he had a gracious heart. His mother never wanted him to be cold and heartless.

He had very good parents; his father passed away from cancer when he was 21 and now he had a step father, Anatoly that he adored, but by this age he was more than ready to take over for his father and had a lot of good mentors to help settle him into this position.

He was born into it and he was born to do it. He would never let on how much he was looking forward to seeing Carina.

He hadn't seen her since she was a little girl (pictures that her mother would send to his mother) but from what her mother tells his mother she's a beauty.

He thought Valentine's would be the perfect night for him to make his appearance, knowing she was fully aware that she'd been told they were coming but she didn't know when.

Satisfied with his appearance Dimitri picked up his phone to make a quick call before Marco came to retrieve him.

He looked through recent calls and had scrolled down quite a ways before he found the number he wanted. Damn! It'd been six months since his last call? He knew she wouldn't be pissed.

She didn't act that way and that was one of the many reasons he loved her.

He pushed the button and it started to ring. A breathless voice picked up. "Hello?"

"Carina moya lyubov' (my love) how are you?" his voice husky.

"Well I was kind of starting to think you'd forgotten all about me Dimitri; of course you know I'm just kidding. I know you're very busy. I'm fine. How are you? You sound tired."

It never failed that she was always more concerned about him and always managed to turn the conversation around to him.

Another thing he loved about her; she was selfless. "Eh you know the business" he said "And how come you always know when I'm tired?" he asked chuckling.

She let out a soft laugh and said "Because your accent becomes very thick and I think at any minute we'll have to speak in our native tongue."

He laughed. "I know you are aware that I'm coming to get you very soon, da? (yes)"he said.

There was a slight pause and then Carina answered him. "I know" she said softly.

"How do you feel about this?" he asked really wanting to know her response.

"Honestly Dimitri I'm scared, I'm happy, I'm sad, I just have all of these emotions rolling around in my head and heart and I'm just doing everything I can to deal with it all."

"I'm glad you feel you can be honest with me about this Car" she loved his nickname for her.  "And I want to know why you are scared first of all."

Carina went on to explain that some part of her was scared because he'd never seen her and she wasn't sure if she would meet his expectation.

"I just don't want you to have an image in your head and then be disappointed when you see me" she said sounding more vulnerable than she wanted to.

"I honestly don't think that would be possible. The woman that I have been talking to for the past 10 years is beautiful inside and out.

I think maybe it is I that should be worried about being good enough for you" he finished.

She laughed and it made him smile. They spoke for a little while longer and then there was a knock on his door; it was Marco.

"Carina I have to go but I want you to know that I love you and I know at some point in the past I should have conveyed this, but please believe me when I say I am looking forward to meeting you more than you know."

"Dimitri ya tozhe tebya lyublyu (I love you too)" Carina told him and they hung up both anticipating the up coming week.

Dimitri walked out of his room where Marco was waiting with his coat and helping his boss into it they headed downstairs and outside to the awaiting car; Dimitri had a ring to pick up from his safety deposit box and then a meeting to get to and then his final preparation for his trip to America.

He was looking forward to seeing the Romanov's again but especially Carina and he fell into his thoughts about having her in his bed as his driver sped out from his fortress and on to the snow covered road that lead into the city of Ufa, a very industrial, economic, scientific and cultural epicenter of the republic.