Chapter 45-Birthday Presents

I didn't remember leaving my phone in my hand but the vibration tells me I did. I tried to focus on the caller ID and finally read Di and pushed Talk. "Hello?" I mumbled sleepily. "Carina? Are you alright?" he asked. "Yeah I'm fine I guess I fell asleep. How are you? You sound tired." Always putting him first, it never failed and he loved her for it. "I'm tired but fine" he said. "I'm having a hard time falling asleep; I find sleeping alone sucks these days." I chuckled at his crankiness. "What can I do baby?" I asked knowing what he needed but couldn't give it to him. "Just let me hear your voice. I'm jealous you actually got some sleep" he said playfully. "I stole your Pink Floyd shirt and I'm sleeping on your side of the bed, it smells of you" I said softly.  He hummed and said "I bet you look amazing in that."  I had an idea.  "Hey when I had trouble sleeping mom would hum a Russian lullabye that her mom passed on to her.  It always worked."  "I'll try any thing at this point" he said.  "Okay, close your eyes and get comfy" I said and began humming.  I heard him sigh a couple of times and finally he said when I was done "You are my chamomile Carina" he said sweetly.  " I think I might be able to sleep now.  I love you baby."  "I love you too.  Sleep baby and dream of me" I said to which he answered "Try and stop me."  I could hear the smile in his voice.

The hateful alarm mocked me by saying it was time to get up.  I sighed kicking off the covers and trudged off to the bathroom to get ready for my day.  I put my hair up in a messy bun, stone washed skinny jeans, my favorite 'I <3 New York' long sleeved tee shirt and my Doc boots and light makeup.  I got my teeth brushed grabbed my work and headed downstairs.  Viktoria was busy in the kitchen and I was so pleased to see her.  "Good morning Viktoria" I said brightly.  "Good morning Mrs. Carina.  Breakfast?"  I answered "Yes please" as I helped myself to coffee.

I was missing Dimitri something awful and I didn't really like sleeping without him and I knew from our phone call last night that he was having trouble sleeping as well.  I had really come to appreciate my husband in all aspects since we'd been married.  He was an amazing lover, he praised me for everything, he took care of me financially and emotionally and I knew that he loved me with all of his heart.  I would never doubt his love for me or whether I was good enough for him ever again.  He had a knack for making me feel like I was the most beautiful woman in the world.  I had already decided to get him a few gifts for his birthday and Marco had agreed to take me shopping after work.  I found myself really enjoying Marco's company as well.  He had explained to me that he'd know Dimitri since he was 15 and Dimitri was 14; their parents knew each other as well.  It was kind of a given that he and Dimitri would be destined to work together once they got older.  My thoughts were cut short as we entered the parking lot of the club.  Time to get to work.