Chapter 36-Conversation with Mom (just revised)

Carina didn't press Dimitri for any details regarding his trip to Fusion and he didn't offer any.  She knew her part and she was okay with it.  She really didn't want to know and all Dimitri did say was that the man had only spent $50k of the money and Dimitri gave him the option of leaving on his own or he would call the authorities;  he said Liev chose to leave. 

She sent him to the gym to work out,  he hadn't been down there all week long and he needed the release.  She was getting ready to fix them lunch when curiosity got the best of her and she wanted to see him working out.  She left the kitchen and went into the little office where all the surveillance cameras and the cc TV were, there were about a dozen,  and it took her a bit before she found the one for the gym. 

There he was...God help her!  He was in black basketball shorts, no shirt, and tennis shoes and he was having his turn with the punching bag.  His muscles were ridiculous every time he brought his arm back to punch at the bag;  he just rippled.  Was it a sin to lust over one's husband?  Fuck if she cared if it was right or wrong,  he was so hot. 

Wow she thought to herself as she went back to the kitchen to work on lunch.  Any other time during the week their housekeeper, Viktoria, would be fixing the meals,  but Dimitri told her not to come in until Monday.  

Carina thought she would make honey balsamic glazed salmon, hare covert green beans and roasted baby red potatoes;  that would be great for a light meal, plus they were going out tonight and there would most definitely be smoking and drinking going on and hopefully lots of sex later.

Dimitri came up the stairs, sweaty and out of breath from his work out, and hungry.  He smelled something delicious as he got close to the kitchen and knew that it had to be Carina cooking because they were the only two in the house today.  He paused a moment before making his presence known because she was on the telephone and it was on speaker, she was talking to her mother. 

(Conversation is Russian) "How's papa doing?" Carina asked. 

"He's doing well dorogoya, he works too hard you know but he really is doing well" her mother answered. 

"Is Clarissa handling the restaurant okay?" Carina inquired. 

"Da, you would be so proud of her Carina. You taught her well. Well how's married life?" Dimitri stilled wanting to hear Carina's answer. 

"It's amazing mom. I didn't think it was possible to be this happy with someone."  Good answer. 

"He treats you well?" Carina laughed. 

"He treats me better than well mom. He treats me like a queen." 

"You two communicate? You know how important that is." Carina rolled her eyes. 

"We don't have any trouble communicating mom. Dimitri's one of the easiest people to talk to about anything." 

"How's the sex?" 

"Mama!" Carina said blushing.  "I can't talk to you about that!  That's personal!"

 Oh this should be good thought Dimitri smirking to himself.

"Look Carina you are the only young woman your age that I know of that truly waited for a man; are you disappointed that you never had any other experience?" Her mom just kept pushing for an answer. 

"Mom, I don't regret waiting for him, he was more than worth the wait. When he kisses me it's like all the air leaves my body, I can't explain it any more than that. He satisfies me completely; I don't ever want anyone else. There could be no one else; he broke the mold. No other man would ever stand a chance."  She seemed satisfied with her answers, and so was Dimitri and they spoke a bit more before Carina said that she had to go, she was working on their lunch. 

"Love you mama, hug papa for me."  Dimitri went back to the basement door, opened it and then shut it.

"Hmm...what smells so good?" she heard her handsome husband ask. He came around the corner looking like he'd just done a photo shoot for an athletics magazine; all sweaty, buff and naked from the waist up.  She loved the way his hair clung to his forehead when it was wet. 

"Hey lover" Carina started as he tried to hug her. "Ew you're all sweaty!" she said laughing.  He trapped her in front of the kitchen island, gigantic arms on either side of her. 

"You love me like this and you know it" he said his voice low and sensual.  Carina reached up and caressed his face, leaned in and kissed him. 

"Yeah I do" she smiled. "But go take a shower and make it quick, lunch is almost ready."  

He mock saluted her and said "Yes ma'm" as he swatted her behind. 

"Crazy Russian" she muttered happily under her breath.

Dimitri praised her several times throughout their meal. "This glaze on the salmon is excellent. Better than any restaurant, Carina. You can cook for me anytime" she smiled at his compliment.

"I hope I get to do it for you more" she said. "I love being in the kitchen especially if it's for you" she added. 

He reached over and caressed the top of her hand and grabbed his wine glass, holding it up he said "To the best wife God ever gave a man." 

"You're so sweet, thank you baby" Carina said.  They finished the rest of their meal with light conversation and then Dimitri helped Carina wash, rinse, dry and put dishes away. "Thanks" she said. 

"That made it go faster."  He kissed her on her forehead as they walked hand-in-hand upstairs to their bedroom.