Chapter 66-The Plan

My body was an aching mess.  It didn't matter how I tried to move it hurt; even my hair hurt.  It was still dark outside but I could see Dimitri standing at the door leading to the balcony, smoking and looking worn out.  "Hey baby" I called out hoarsely.  He stubbed out his cigarette and came in quickly.  "Why are you awake?" he asked concerned.  "I couldn't feel you next to me and I got concerned." I replied.  He smirked and shook his head.  "What?" I asked a little defensively.  "You.  You're laying here, bruised and cut up, but you're concerned about me.  You truly are pure of heart and selfless."  "People depend on you Dimitri.  You need to have a clear head to deal with the things that are coming."  He raised his eyebrow.  "I may not know everything but this isn't my first rodeo."  He chuckled.  "Where did you hear that one?"  I grinned.  "Business man from Texas."  "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" he asked.  I nodded so he came around and picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bathroom.  When I was done I gingerly walked over to the lavatory to wash my hand.  All Dimitri heard me say was "Holy fuck!" and he was there in a split second.  I looked like I'd been 12 rounds with Muhammad Ali.  My left eye was completely swollen shut, black and blue.  I had a gash on my forehead, that'll leave a mark, and my chin is bruised.  I slowly lifted my shirt to very bruised ribs on my left side and a nice seat belt impression across my waist diagonally across my body.  "Car don't" he said softly.  I sighed, leaning on my hand I just dropped my head.  "Boy I fucked up royally" I mumbled.  "I look like a freak show."  "Come on, back to bed" he said as he picked me up tenderly and carried me back to our bed. 

"Happy pill time" I said to Dimitri.  He handed me an opened bottle of water and a horse pill.  I got it down and handed him back the bottle and asked him to sit with me.  "I'm not going anywhere baby.  Don't worry about that.  You're stuck with me."  He was laying on his side in our bed facing me.  I had grabbed his hand pretty fiercely and didn't want to let go.  "Let's talk" I said.  "About what?" he replied.  "I don't know, just anything" I just needed to hear his voice.  "Well, let's talk about your birthday then" he said.  "Okay.  Well at least it's six weeks away still so I won't look like the horror show I am now" I said jokingly.  "Dr. Malikov said that you can probably get your cast off in 4 weeks, so that's better than waiting the full six weeks" Dimitri said.  I nodded.  "So what would you like for your birthday?" he asked grinning.  "I'm not sure.  I have a pretty great lifetime present right here" I said indicating to him.  Dimitri chuckled a little.  "You're such a flatterer" he said.  "Seriously, there has to be something you want."  He was going to push this.  "Okay there is one thing that I've been wanting for a while" I answered him finally.  "And?" he was getting impatient.  "The tattoo you have on your chest, I want the same one on my back, obviously not as big as yours but a smaller version in the middle of my back and I want our names to be in the tattoo, intersecting."  I studied his expression for a bit, waiting for him to say no.  "If that's what you really want I will get the artist that did mine to come here and do it for you.  Of course not right away, you have to get better first" he finished.  I grinned like an idiot.  "Anything else?"  "I don't know if it's possible but I would love to have Lana and Ana here and of course the Costas brothers and have a small party at Fusion.  That is all I want; my husband and my best friends."  I felt him bring my hand up to his lips, caressing my knuckles and finally kissing my rings.  "I think that's all very doable" he murmured.  My head was feeling fuzzy and my eyes were feeling heavy.  "Di, please don't ever leave me.  I don't think I could make it without you.  I love you" I said whispering and then I was out like a light.

Dimitri pulled the covers up a bit higher and kissed her tenderly on the forehead.  "I love you too ahren" he breathed and left to go and talk to Marco.  Dimitri walked into Marco's office and sat down, weary from the world.  "How is she?" Marco asked of his boss and friend.  Dimitri shook his head.  "I took her to the bathroom and she got a good look at herself in the mirror" he said a little pissed off.  "She called herself a 'freak show' and told me that she'd royally fucked up.  I just wanted to yell at her yes you did fuck up but what good would that have done?  I need her 100% if she is going to be able to deal with what's coming".  Marco leaned back in his chair and studied his friend.  "Are you sure you still want to do this?  Even if you think it will only take a couple of days it will seem like eternity to her" Marco remarked concerned.  Alexandrov looked at his loyal friend and said "I know this.  It's killing me knowing what I'm about to do to her but this asshole has to be dealt with and I mean absolute.  He cannot come back from this.  I won't have him popping up in her life anymore.  The plan is solid and already in motion.  We will execute the week after Carina's birthday.  I will give her those memories to hang on to" Dimitri was adamant and his mind was made up and once that occurred there was no altering the things that had been set in motion.  In six weeks Yuri Asimov will be just a bad memory.