Chapter 69-Birthday Girl

We pulled up to Fusion and the place was packed.  We made our way up to the VIP area and our whole area had been decorated for me.  Dimitri was already sitting down when I made my way to the bar to speak to Ivan.  "Happy birthday Carina!" he said enthusiastically.  "Thanks Ivan!"  "You doing okay now?"  All the staff had sent emails and called me all the time checking up on me.  "I'm great and fully healed up.  Thanks for everything you guys did" I said going around and giving him a hug.  He handed me the 1815 bottle and 6 shot glasses.  I headed back to our table and noticed Dimitri was gone.  I looked at Marco and he made a sign like he'd taken a phone call.  I nodded and sat down and pulled a cigarette out of my pack and lit it.  I just felt like something was off but couldn't quite put my finger on it.  As my thoughts were about to take off to places I didn't want to go he came back; I felt his sexy lips on my naked shoulder.  "You look beautiful Carina" he said genuinely.  "Thank you baby" I said searching his eyes.  I put my cigarette out and turned on my stool to face him; I took his huge hands in mine.  "Dimitri what's troubling you?"  Shit he thought.  "Nothing at all.  I just haven't been back here since your accident.  It's just a little unsettling."  "I'm sorry.  I didn't even think about that when I said I wanted to come here for my birthday."  He picked my hands up in his and touched his lips to them.  "I'm fine.  This is your night.  I want you to have fun."  I still wasn't convinced but I told him okay.

I heard loud shrieking as I turned from Dimitri to see Ana, Alessio, Lana and Adriano!  I got up and ran over to my friends.  "Happy birthday bitch!" Lana said loudly, hugging me.  "Oh my God Ana!  I've missed you so much!" I said hugging my other friend.  "Hey guys!" I said smiling and received hugs from both brothers.  I lead them over to our table where the girls hugged Dimitri and the brothers shook Dimitri's hand.  I poured everyone a shot and Dimitri made a toast.  "To the greatest, sexiest, most lovely wife a man could ever have.  Happy birthday Car!"  I kissed him on the mouth and said thank you.  The girls and I did about four more shots and then made our way to the dance floor.  Lana walked over to the DJ to request, unbeknownst to me, Nelly Hot in Herre and he also made an announcement.  "Hey ya'll!  How ya doin tonight?  We got us a birthday in da house tonight!  Everyone say a big happy birthday to Fusion's own favorite patron Carina!"  The place went wild and of course I wanted to kill Lana but we headed to the dance floor as the DJ said "It's so hot in here!  Anyone else hot in here?!"  The beat busted out as Lana was behind me, I was in the middle and Ana was in front of me and it was like being in college all over again.  We were having a blast.  Lana leaned in and yelled "That gorgeous husband of yours can't take his eyes off of you!"  I grinned.  We danced a little bit more and then headed back to our table.

Dimitri, Adriano and Alessio were watching the girls from the balcony.  Adriano started first.  "You know this is going to kill her right?"  Dimitri sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Da" is all he said.  Then Alessio spoke next.  "We have your back Dimitri, 100%, just please make sure that this plan will work because trust me when I say Marco and Mattias are going to have their hands full with her."  Dimitri believed every word of it to.  "Everything is in place.  The plan is full proof plus the defectors from his group have already proven very useful and provided us intel that has checked out above and beyond what we could hope for.  It will work.  It's a two day operation and then it's over.  She's going to be pissed as hell at me and I'm prepared to accept that over losing her forever.  I don't want to speak of it anymore tonight.  She thinks that the girls are here for her birthday weekend and that you guys accompanied them, which you did.  Monday morning it's go time."  The Costas brothers nodded and they watched the girls head back up to the balcony.

Carina placed herself in Dimitri's lap or stood between his legs the rest of the evening.  He watched and listened to her as his heart broke inside.  "Can I borrow my wife for a minute?" he asked standing up and grabbing my hand we walked towards my office.  I couldn't help but wonder what was up as we walked in and Dimitri locked the door and walked towards me.  He sat down on my desk and pulled me to him and kissed me passionately.  He left me breathless.  "What was that for?" I asked him softly.  "Can I not kiss my wife just because?" he asked.  (In Russian) "Dimitri what's wrong?  I've had this weird feeling all week that I can't shake and you seem off and it's scaring me."  I was desperate for something.  He rubbed his bottom lip thoughtfully and finally answered me.  "I'm just under a lot of pressure on this new endeavor, the Paris club, and it means a lot of money, a lot of investors and a lot of time.  That's all.  Now, no more talk.  I want to make out with my wife."  As we kissed I slowly started unbuttoning his shirt, pulled it out of his pants and placed my hands on his chest.  "You feel amazing" I breathed against his lips.  He gently cupped my face with his hands and whispered "You feel pretty amazing too".  We made out for about fifteen minutes before I started to button his shirt back up and as I did this I told him "I want you in our bed as soon as we get home."  "There's no place I would rather be" he answered and we went back out to join our friends.