Chapter 72-Back from the Dead

Liam pulled the car into the driveway, jumped out and got the door and opened it for...Dimitri! He looked wore out, stubbled chin and face, dirty and sweaty. Liam got him in the house and into Marco's office where the two men embraced. "Where is she?" he asked. Marco shook his head. "Asleep in your closet. She said she didn't want to sleep in the bed without you. It's been hell. I'm just glad you're back now." Dimitri spent the next hour filling Marco and Mattias in on the operation and then said it was time to go see her. "Go slow" Mattias said gently. Dimitri nodded.

He walked slowly up the stairs and into their bedroom. The bed was empty and didn't look slept in. The only thing missing was his pillow. He walked into his closet and his heart broke; Carina was on the floor, in his tee shirt, the contents of her box spread everywhere, their wedding pictures scattered everywhere and her phone opened to text messages between them. "Shit" he muttered. He gently picked her up and carried her to their bed and went back for his pillow. He took a quick shower, shaved, dressed and went back to their room. He stepped out on the balcony; ashtray was full and there were two empty vodka bottles and an almost empty third one. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. His mind racing on how to explain this to her, hoping she would forgive him.

Carina woke with a start. There was a presence in the room, it seemed familiar but that wasn't possible, was it? Maybe she had finally pickled her brain. She got up to go to the bathroom. "Damn Marco. Don't know why he can't fucking leave me alone!" she grumbled. When she finished she went back to grab Dimitri's pillow but stopped dead in her tracks...no! It's not possible! She watched him die! "No, no, no! I...saw...fuck!" she was pacing now and backed away from him when he tried to approach her. "Car, it's me" he said gently. She was standing in front of him, her head hanging down when he stepped to her, raising her chin up. She kept her eyes closed, she couldn't bear it, if it wasn't really him. "Baby open your eyes" he pleaded. Carina slowly opened tear-filled eyes to see brilliant emerald green ones staring back at her. "I don't...I don't understand. I saw your car!" she sobbed, slipping to the floor in his arms. He tried to pull her to him but she beat on his chest and screamed and cried until she had no strength left and then she just let him hold her.

He picked her up and carried her gently to their bed and crawled in next to her and folded her into him. She sobbed while he held her, telling her it would be okay, that he would explain everything if she would still have him. She rolled over to face him. "If I want you? I've only ever wanted you" she cried kissing him all over his face. His mouth found hers with passion as his tongue begged her for entrance. Carina moved on top of Dimitri so she could feel the warmth of his body underneath her. She sat up on top of him and slowly removed her shirt encouraging him to pull off his shirt, she hugged him tightly to her body, her shoulders shaking, he stroked her hair lovingly. "I prayed and asked God not to take you from me" she sobbed. "Make love to me Dimitri please. I need to feel you" she begged. He rolled them over so he was hovering above her; sliding her panties off he removed his pants next and slowly sank into her. "Oh baby" he breathed as Carina wept at the sensation of her husband's body filling her. He made love to her for the next few hours until they were both spent. He rolled over so she could move in behind him; she snaked her arm around his waist breathing in his scent and caressing his shoulder with her lips. "It was unbearable thinking about you being gone" her voice barely audible. He squeezed her hand to his chest. "Ahren, I'm so sorry to have put you through that. I need more than anything for you to forgive me. I will do anything to make it right" he said. "Just promise me that you will really be here when I wake up" she pleaded. "I'm here forever" he promised. Her body relaxed at his words as she gently pushed her fingers through his hair.

Dimitri laid there most of the night staring at Carina and thinking about what he'd put her through but he also thought about making love to her and how wonderful it felt being inside of her, kissing her, holding her. He was getting hard again just thinking about it. He moved over closer to her, moving her hair out of the way he began kissing her sexy back. She stirred as a little moan escaped her lips. "Carina" he whispered. "I want you." She rolled over facing him and began kissing him. "Take me" she begged as she wrapped her body around him.  Dimitri pulled her leg up on his hip and brought his mouth to her nipple sucking and licking it with his tongue. "Oh yes" she moaned. "Mikhail I love you so much!" He slowly entered her as he breathed "You are mine and I love you so much it hurts." He moved so that Carina was on top of him now, sliding up and down on his hard cock. Dimitri sat up, his hand cupping her behind helping her move against him. "Fuck, Carina! I have missed your body" he breathed against her mouth. "Oh I missed you so much!" she cried. He picked her up laying her down on her back, moving into her faster.  "Carina I'm going to come!" he moaned.  "Take me with you!" she begged.  "Ah!  Mother of God!" he gritted, his teeth clinched.  "Oh yes!" Carina moaned as she climaxed all around him.  "That felt amazing!" Carina panted.  "You are amazing" he said against her skin.  They curled up holding each other and drifted back off to sleep.