Chapter 21-Home Is Where the Heart Is (Just revised)

After breakfast, showering and changing into brown skinny jeans, a pink sweater, matching brown vest and black riding boots, Dimitri met her in their room and said he needed to talk with Marco regarding their itinerary. 

Carina stood out on the patio, looking at New York, her home, her city, when Dimitri came up behind her and slipped strong arms around her waist.  "Are you okay with all of this Carina?" he asked.

She turned and faced him, thinking he looked very handsome in black jeans and a grey v-neck sweater and Doc Martens. 

"I'm good with this Dimitri.  I truly am.  I'm a chameleon baby and I can change and adapt to any situation. 

Besides I want to be where you are.  That's what I promised you when we took our vows.  There is no other place to be except where you are. 

I'm excited about getting home and playing house with you" She added, jokingly jabbing him. 

He leaned down and kissed her hard and said "You truly are the perfect wife and I'm happy and lucky to have you by my side.  I will go speak with Marco, you check and make sure we got everything and then we will be on our way."

Carina nodded and with that, he turned and was gone. 

She checked the bathroom again, making sure they'd got everything and it was empty except for their used towels.

She checked the closet next and it was empty except for the hotel provided hangers and finally checking under the bed, it was all clear and after sweeping everywhere else in the penthouse she was satisfied.

Her phone pinged, it was Dimitri saying that it was time, this was it, she was heading to a new home and a new life.

Grinning she grabbed her purse and walked out the door to an ever vigilant Marco.  "Good morning Mrs. Alexandrov" he said politely. 

"Good morning Marco" she replied brightly.  "Shall we?" Carina said. 

He put out his arm as if to say lead the way and they made their way to the elevator.

It didn't take Marco long to get them to the airport and then out to the tarmac where their chartered private jet would take them home.  Home to Ufa.

Marco opened the car door for her and Dimitri, instructing the airport personnel to grab their luggage from the trunk.

Dimitri was already speaking to the pilot, when she took a moment to ask Marco a quick question.  "Did you remember the box I was telling you about on Wednesday?"  She had hoped he hadn't forgotten. 

He walked to the trunk and pulled out the familiar flowered box.  "You are amazing!" She said to him smiling.  "Thank you so much" She added while he nodded and followed her to the steps of the plane.

Carina walked up to where Dimitri was standing and he introduced her to their pilot.  "Jonathan Ehling, my wife Carina Alexandrov.  Carina, our pilot Jonathan" he said. 

Carina's insides just melted when he said her name.  She stuck her hand out and they chatted a moment when he said he needed to get to the cockpit, saying they would be ready to depart in 15 minutes.

Dimitri lead them to their seats, and Carina took the window, he took the aisle, while Marco sat beside Dimitri opposite the aisle from him. 

But before Marco sat down, he walked over and sat the box she asked about earlier on the table in front of her.  Carina nodded at him and he nodded back. 

Dimitri smiled and she knew right away that he was curious.  "What's this?" he asked regarding the box. 

She took his hand, smiled and said "It's just some things I want to share with you when we get in the air." 

"It has my name on it" he said smiling. 

"Yep" is all she said, winking at him.

He shook his head and laid it on her shoulder, giving her the opportunity to bestow a kiss, and after that she left her face buried in his hair, taking in his scent.

"Your hair smells so good."  He turned and looked up at her and pointed to his mouth, wanting a kiss, so she leaned in and gave him quite a good one until they heard someone clear their throat. 

It was their flight attendant letting them know it was time to buckle in and they were getting ready to take off. 

"We'll finish this later" he promised causing her to shiver with anticipation at his words.

They'd been in the air for about 5 hours when Carina finally woke up.  Wow I was really tired she thought, looking next to her, she saw Dimitri's head resting in his hand. 

He looked so relaxed and unworried when he slept and she hoped that had something to do with her.

Their flight attendant, Katarina, came back by and Carina motioned to her not yet.  She wanted him to sleep as long as he could. 

The jet lag was going to be a bitch plus the time difference, for her any way but he was used to it more than she.

Quietly getting out her phone, she texted Lana and Ana, letting them know that they were on their way, thanking them again for everything.

She got an immediate one back from Lana, and it contained a pic that had been taken at Carina's parent's house the day she got married.

Carina didn't know when Lana got her mom to take it, but she was doing Carina's makeup and Ana was doing her hair. 

Lana sent another one, this making her tear up, because it was during their first dance together at the reception.  There's no doubt how they felt about each other, Lana had captured it right there, a moment in time that, Carina could look at forever.

She definitely wanted to get that one framed, one for her and one for Dimitri.  It was the kind of picture that would find pride of place on the desk or mantle of their home.

The three girls were still texting when Carina felt him stir.  She looked over at her adorable, sleepy giant of a husband and grinned, taking in his piercing emerald eyes that she loved so much.

"Sleep well?" She asked.  He nodded.

"How long?" he mumbled stretching, muscles flexing everywhere...good God help me Carina thought. 

"I think about 6 hours" she answered.

"Do you feel any better?" She asked, rubbing his knee. 

"Definitely" he said smiling.  "Have you eaten anything?" he inquired.

Carina shook her head.  "Katarina came around about an hour ago but I just told her to check with us later.  I wanted you to sleep, dorogayo." 

He unbuckled and stood up and stretched again, dear Lord, and bent down and kissed her.

"I love the way you are already taking care of me Car" he said earnestly, caressing her cheek.

Returning the caress, she said "I love doing it and will as often as you let me."  His smile melted her heart.

He asked what she wanted to eat and she said a grilled chicken salad and anything diet to drink.  He nodded and went off to put the order in. 

Carina made up her mind that when he came back, that would be the time to tell him about the box.