Chapter 51-Ferrari 488

I stood back and looked at myself after putting on my make up.  I was pleased with the entire package.  I had chosen a black short and flowy dressy strapless cocktail dress and paired it with a simple short black leather jacket and my black heels.  I put large lose curls in my hair and went easy on the eye make up.  It was a good look.  I normally didn't like all the make up unless I was going out but this was a family gathering so I keep it to a minimal.  I squirted on some perfume, grabbed my clutch and went on a search for my husband.  He wasn't up here so I went downstairs to see Viktoria cleaning up the kitchen before she leaves.  "Ah Mrs. Carina, you look very beautiful!"  I smiled at her and said "Thank you Viktoria and thank you so much for that wonderful dinner you prepared Wednesday!"  She said it was no problem and she loved doing it.  I asked her if she had seen Dimitri and she said he was with Marco.  I asked her to tell him that I stepped outside if she should see him.  She nodded and went back to cleaning.

It was getting chilly again but the air was so crisp and clean, completely different from New York; plus it was very quiet, something in contrast to my city, but she loved it here and decided she would stay here as long as Dimitri wanted to.  She would only want to go back to visit her parents and a few friends.  She was lost in thought when she felt a pair of arms circle her waist.  She smiled as he said "You smell heavenly Mrs. Alexandrov and you look...wow!  We could just stay here and I could open and unwrap you all night long and it would be the best birthday ever!"  She laughed and said "You are by far the easiest person to get a present for and very one-track minded."  He nodded and said very sweetly "When it comes to you, yes I am."  She turned to look at her handsome husband.  He was all in black; dress pants, dress shirt, my platinum cuff links and he was wearing his new cologne and new watch.  I stood on the tips of my shoes and slowly smelled him and slowly put my feet down.  "If we weren't going to your parents right now you would be in big trouble mister." I said winking.  God he had no idea how great he smelled.  Then I picked up his left wrist and studied the watch.  It was perfect for him; sleek and elegant.  "This looks good on you" I said looking up at him.  He shook his head and said "No baby, you look good on me."  And he bent down and kissed me warmly and I murmured against his lips "Happy birthday baby."

Marco got us to the air strip in record time; the weather was beautiful for flying and the sun had just started going down and I could see the lights of the cities as we flew overhead.  It was magnificent.  Dimitri was busy on his phone but I didn't mind I just let him do what he needed to do and kept looking out the window.  Two hours later our pilot was letting us know we were beginning our descent.  My husband had laid his head back against the seat sometime ago and was resting; I was glad to see him so relaxed.  He had also placed his hand on my knee and the warmth building between the contact of our skin was comforting.  After a gentle landing we were ready to exit the plane.  As we walked down the steps there was an amazing car sitting on the tarmac, I just had to laugh out loud when I saw it to!  It was a 2016 Ferrari 488, silver!  The same kind I posed by in the picture I had given Dimitri.  My reaction wasn't lost on him by any means as he opened the door for me and we got in.  I didn't think it was possible for my husband to look any more sexy but being behind the wheel of this machine just about did it for me.

"What about Marco?" I asked grinning.  Dimitri said he would follow in the Audi.  "I need to make a phone call" I announced, dialing Lana's number.  She picked up right away and I put her on speaker but she wasn't aware.  "Hey hot mama!  What's up?" she asked all perky.  "Girl you are such a dork!" I said to her.  She started laughing and asked what she'd done this time.  "You know the car that you just so happened to 'suggest' for the photo shoot?"  "Oh that one?" she asked feigning ignorance.  "Yes goober that one!  You knew when you suggested it what you were doing didn't you?"  "I take it you gave him the pictures?  What did Mr. Hottie think about them?" she asked.  I looked over at a smirking Dimitri and said "Well Mr. Hottie is here, you are on speaker and he loved them, thank you very much!"  She snickered and said "Oh hey Dimitri."  "Hello Lana" he said voice like butter.  "Alright girl well I just wanted to hear your voice.  Talk to you soon?"  "You know it babe!  Catch ya later!" and she was gone.

We flew down the road in this fast machine and didn't think I could love life any more than I did right now.  Dimitri had brought one of his new Pink Floyd CD's from the gift set and popped it in so we listened to it the whole way to his parents house.  We pulled up outside a gated area and Dimitri punched in a code, we drove through that to a guard house type building where he was acknowledged by a security guard and then drove up to the main house.  It was beautiful!  Two story brick estate looking home with lush landscaping and it was huge.  The back of the house looked like it went on for miles.  We pulled up in the circular drive and Dimitri told me to wait before I got out of the car; he came around and opened my door!  Such a gentleman!  Marco pulled up right behind us and excited the car following us up to the door where Dimitri opened it and we went inside.  There was a huge staircase right in front; to the right looked like a sitting area with a fire place and to the left looked like the formal dining room.  I would have to get a tour to see the rest of it.  I heard voices coming from that part of the room and we were soon met by his parents, Anatoly and Natasha.