:Chapter 18:

:Isabella:

Four wheelers. They bring disaster. Andrew had insisted on riding their four wheelers. I got stuck with Dalton. Yay. Note the sarcasm. I sat silently next to Dalton. Dalton looked at me and smiled. "Have you ever been on a four wheeler?" Dalton asked as he began driving the damn thing.

"No." I answered looking at him. His eyes were focused ahead of him. He seemed very concentrated. His eyes flickered to mine for a moment. A hint of a smirk was forming on his face. My face turned red before looking away. "You're turning red by the way." Dalton said as he took a turn into another path in the woods.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Most of the snow was melting and grass was starting to spring. But it was still cold out. Dalton had insisted on putting his jacket on me. He said he didn't want me getting frostbite. I personally think he simply wanted to put me in something of his.

"To this place I hang out at." Dalton answered. I nodded as I sat silently next to me. "So how did getting that Alpha threw go?" Dalton asked. "Boring all he did was complain." I muttered. Dalton had a hint of a smile on his face. The trees seemed to be stretching out towards us.

"Around in the spring or summer my family comes out here with horses and have a big picnic." Dalton said as he tilted his head to the side. "I used to have barbecue's with local hunter families." I said not wanting to cause an awkward silence.

Right then Dalton pulled to a stop in front of a cave. "How many caves do you have?" I asked shocked as I got out. "There's a lot of them, if a were gets hurt they can rest in here." Dalton said as he pulled back the branches for me. I slipped in. Dalton then slipped in and closed a pair of doors.

"This is the more modern one." Dalton said as he flicked on the lights. Now that was true. In the corner of the cave was a queen sized mattress with blue comforters. Surprisingly the place wasn't dirty. Next to the bed was a tote full of clothes. There was also a mini fridge and a stove with plates near it.

Walking over to the bed, I sat down. The bed made a creaking sound. Dalton then sat next to me making the bed emit another creak. "Yeah the frame is old but the mattress isn't." Dalton explained with a sheepish smile. I nodded before flattening my faux leather skirt.

"You don't seem like a girl to wear skirts." Dalton blurted out. His eyes widened and he covered his mouth. "I don't really unless Orchid makes me or a hunter's gathering." I said. Dalton nodded. "So why exactly are we here?" I asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to come here." Dalton said leaning back. "Orchid went with Andrew, I have no interest on wanting to know what their doing." I said. Dalton smirked lightly before laying down. "You should lay down next to me." Dalton said. "I'll pass, we aren't dating." I said. Dalton rolled his eyes. I swear he muttered yet.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Dalton asked sitting up. "I don't know, maybe about how you flirt with me constantly." I said. "Oh you haven't even seen me flirt with you." Dalton said as he grabbed a piece of my hair. "You probably think I only like you because of the whole destiny stuff." Dalton said. "That's not it at all," Dalton started.

"Artemis may of paired us together, but Ash approved of it to make sure that we were a compatible match." Dalton said as he twisted the hair around his finger. "Do you really think saying that will work?" I asked. Dalton laughed before letting the strands go. "For a moment but I guess it will take a lot more convincing, which I'm willing to do." Dalton said.

"Destiny sucks." I said leaning back. "Sometimes but you make your own destiny." Dalton answered with a smile. "Did you read that off a poster that has a kitten on it?" I asked. "That was hurtful." Dalton muttered.