:Chapter 40:

:Isabella:

One hour. Thirty four minutes. Twenty two seconds. That's how long I have been here since I woke up. My head is pounding. Ryan just had to slam my head against the bars. But he got what was coming to him. Orchid was on the other side of the cell. She was tracing symbols with her fingers.

"Do you think their gonna find us?" Orchid asked glancing at me. "Their probably searching every small space to big places in the world to find us." I replied blandly. Satan, this place was so boring. Walking across hot stones bare foot would be more fun then this.

Foot steps echoed through the dungeons. A girl with stringy dull brown hair walked down carry two trays of food. Great, they were feeding us. I'm not stupid. The girl slid the trays through the food holes. "Eat up." She said. I looked at Orchid and shook my head.

The girl turned around. Grabbing some of the food I threw it at her. She froze. "Ever heard the story of Persephone and Hades?" I asked with a smirk. She turned around and glared at me. "I guess not, well get comfortable because I'm about to tell it." I said.

"Persephone was the daughter of Demeter, the goddess of the harvest, Demeter was very loved and where she walked flowers tended to bloom, her innocence caught the eye of Hades, the god of the underworld, when she was picking flowers a hole in the ground opened and a black chariot came out pulled by horses that carried Hades, he grabbed her and brought her down to the underworld, Demeter went looking for her and could not find her and refused to grow anything, Zeus finally had enough and set Hermes to get her, when Persephone was down there she refused to eat the food knowing what would happen, but a ghost boy offered her a pomegranate, she refused but in the end ate four seeds, the boy told Hades and she had to come down to the Underworld for four months hence creating winter."

I looked at her. "Eating this food would keep us here, I studied hard in training, I'm not all fight, I have mythology knowledge behind me." I said with a smirk. With that I threw the entire tray out the food hole. Orchid kicked hers away. Clapping echoed through the dungeon.

Vee walked out with a smirk. "Seems like someone paid attention in hunting school." Vee said. I gritted my teeth. I wanted to pound her face in. "Do you know you're actual demon legends?" Vee asked. "Did you not get the fact that I'm Satan's vessel." I replied sarcastically. "I'm aware you're his vessel but where is he when you're in desperate need?" Vee asked.

"Since I'm aware of how uncontrolled you are with Satan's powers." Vee taunted. I grabbed the bars in anger. "I'll burn you!" I yelled at her. Orchid stayed quiet. She didn't want to start anything. I wouldn't blame her with her condition. "Whenever you're ready child." Vee said.

"They'll come for me." I said. "Who?" Vee asked. "My friends." I said glaring at her. "Do you really think a bunch of werewolves can beat me?" Vee asked. "No." I said.

"What about Lilith's vessel?" A voice asked. Just as Vee looked up smoke bombs rolled down the stairs. The moment they hit the bottom they exploded. "Attack!" Vee yelled. The person that threw the bombs ran down. I heard someone collapse. Keys dangled before my cell and Orchid's were unlocked. "Let's go." The person said grabbing us.

I could still hear fighting. Were they fighting themselves? The person dragged us down hallways until we were far away? Orchid collapsed to the ground coughing. I looked up at our savior. Lucas.

He bent down and helped Orchid up. "Are the others back there?" I asked. "No I came alone but I left them a note to where I went." Lucas said. "How'd you find me?" I asked. He wasn't a werewolf so he couldn't track my scent. Lucas reached into his pocket and showed me a leather bound journal. "You gave your journal to Dalton, you had of to done it for a reason, I tracked you here." Lucas explained as he gave me the journal.

"Thank you." I said. With that I threw myself at him and hugged him. Lucas smiled and hugged me back. He had Orchid standing up by her arm. We let go. I glanced at Orchid. Now I had a full view of what she looked like. Honestly I wish I didn't.

Her black eye was darkening and a bruise was forming on her lip. Her arm was covered in lots of bruises. All in different sizes. Her right leg looked broken and twisted at an odd angle. Her dress was ripped and tattered and her shoes were falling apart. "Orchid sit down." Lucas said. Orchid limped over to a bench and carefully sat down. "This is gonna hurt." Lucas said as he grabbed her leg.

"Do it." Orchid said. I sat down next to her and covered her mouth. Lucas grabbed her leg and yanked it back to the right angle. I pressed my hand into her mouth when she screamed. Tears were forming in her eyes. "Can you walk or do you need help?" Lucas asked standing up. "Help." Orchid said in a raspy voice.

Lucas grabbed one arm of hers and swung it around his shoulder. Despite being shorter I still helped her. "You think you can run!" Vee yelled appearing down the hallway. "Go, go, go." I said. Lucas threw out fire separating us.

We began running down the hallway, carrying Orchid as she attempted to run. I could hear Vee screaming at us as she attempted to put out the flames. Wasn't going to do anything. Those flames were created by Lilith's power. Lucas turned right. "Do you know the way out of here?" I asked. "Nope, just hoping this is the right way." Lucas said. "What if it isn't?" I asked.

"Let's not think that far." Lucas said. "Fine." I said. "Andrew?" Orchid asked. "Is raising hell trying to find you." Lucas said. "Is he hurt?" Orchid asked. "Just a few scratches, he did fight in a war after all." Lucas said as ran down a hallway. "I killed a shape shifter that looked like you." I said. Orchid nodded as she leaned her head against me.

Right then we stopped in front of a staircase. "Should we go up?" Lucas asked confused. "I don't know." I said. "How about you just surrender." Vee said appearing. I sorta jumped when I looked at her. Her skin was burned black in places and clothes were peeling off.

"You don't know any of the hunters codes do you?" I asked. Vee tilted her head in confusion. "We protect those who can not protect themselves." Lucas said his eyes getting bright. "We never give up no matter if all odds are turned against us." I said.

Vee laughed. Like not a normal laugh. But like a hyena does when they see food. "Do you think saying those phrases will make you look heroic?" Vee asked in a taunting voice. "No but it stalls time." Lucas said. Vee looked confused. There was a low growl. Two black wolves stood at the top of the staircases. They were almost identical except one was smaller and had a white stripe. Both of them jumped off of the staircase and in front of us.

The larger black one looked at me with his golden eyes. His eyes turned crystal blue for a moment. I knew exactly who that wolf was. Dalton.

1287! Ha! I'm back on my regular updating schedule. The story will be ending in a few chapters but do not worry you little marshmallows due to the fact there will be another book. It will be called Satan's Betrayal. Anyone wanna predict why it's called that? Do you guys understand the books title now? Don't forget to vote, it helps my book a lot, and feel free to drop a comment. Until next time marshmallows.