:Chapter 27:

:Dalton:

Adorable. That's all I could think right now. Isabella had let me go over her house with Andrew. We were in a room. The walls were originally white but now they were colorful. They were colorful with her paintings. "Do you like them?" Isabella asked holding her hands together.

"You should pursue a career in this." Andrew said in a daze. Isabella's face flashed red. She put her head down and bit her lip. "I'm going to go eat some food." Andrew said looking at me with a slight smirk. Isabella nodded.

My eyes shifted down to Isabella's tiny frame. "Sorry for the times I punched you, I shouldn't of done that." Isabella mumbled. "It doesn't bother me, it's sorta cute since when you do it your face flushes red." I said with a smile.

Isabella huffed before straightening herself up. "Do you like any in particular?" Isabella asked looking me in eyes. I looked at the paintings lining the walls. My eyes landed on a self portrait. It was of Isabella when she was maybe twelve or eleven. "The young self portrait." I said. "Anything else?" Isabella asked her eyebrow twitching.

I continued skimming the paintings. One caught my attention. It was a pack of wolves. It sorta looked like my family with Kadan and Alana. "That one." I said pointing to it. Isabella walked over to it and took it off the wall.

"This is payment for me punching you or you can punch me back." Isabella said. "I'll go with the painting." I said grabbing it. Isabella nodded. "Now get out of my art room." Isabella said pointing at the door. I shook my head but had a slight smile on my face. Isabella walked out with me and shut the doors.

As we walked into the kitchen Isabella lightly poked me. "Why did you poke me?" I asked sitting in at her table. "Well Orchid said you were made of muscle had to see if she was right." Isabella stated. Andrew growled. "You don't have to be jealous, Orchid moans your name in her sleep and talks about you constantly." Isabella said with a slight smirk.

Andrew looked shocked. "Thanks for that." Andrew said with a slight smirk. With that Andrew literally ran out the door. I looked at the counter. On it were coloring books. "Why do you have coloring books?" I asked. "It's a stress reliever, Enyr bought them for me, each one for every birthday he missed." Isabella said.

"What did Ryne get you?" I asked. Isabella gave me a wicked smirk. "A new weapon for each birthday." Isabella said evilly. I shivered under her gaze. 'I'm doing more than that.' I shook my head trying to clear Ash's thoughts.

"So are you doing anything April second?" I asked. "Nope I have no birthday plans." Isabella said kicking her feet up on the table. Flimur jumped down and began whacking her booting. "Ok, ok, I'll take my feet down." Isabella said taking her boots down.

"He reminds me of my Mom." I said with a smile. "Speaking of your Mom how do werewolves even birth?" Isabella asked. "The way a human would." I said awkwardly. "That's not what I meant, doesn't your Mom have to shift." Isabella said.

I nodded now understanding. "Werewolves are required to shift every one to two months, but if a pregnant Mom shifts the baby is usually destroyed," I started. Isabella nodded. "For awhile the werewolf species dwindled, but now we have a pill that works like a tranquilizer to keep them out for they don't shift." I said with a hint of a smile.

"So you knock your Mom out?" Isabella asked. I nodded. "That is just weird but yet smart." Isabella said in shock. "What about you how did you even find out about the hunters?" I asked.

Isabella shook her head but had a smile on her face. "I was born into a hunters family, talking about hunting would be you guys equal to talking about how your doing in sports." Isabella said. "Speaking of sports, we're having try-outs for soccer and I was wonder-" Isabella cut me off. "I'm not trying out for anything."

"No, I was gonna ask if you could stay there while I tried out." I said awkwardly. "Oh, then sure, I was going to anyway, Lucas is a huge football." Isabella said. "Um this is soccer not football." I said. She was defiantly not into sports. "In England football is soccer." Isabella said.

Then her face got dark. "Lucas engraved that into my head practically." Isabella said thinking about it. Flimur jumped onto the table holding a plate. On it was a sandwich. There was one missing though. "What are these?" I asked grabbing one. "Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich." Isabella said as she took a bite.

Flimur then jumped away. "Thanks Flimsy, you can stop cooking until dinner now." Isabella stated. There was a grunt as Flimur moved something. "What is he doing?" I asked. "Going to his little house that is behind the microwave." Isabella said. I nodded.

"So did you finish all your school work for the time we are having this huge break?" I asked. Isabella nodded. "Finally, Nico had agreed to help me." Isabella said. I nodded. Isabella smirked slightly. "Are Nico and Angel a thing?" Isabella asked raising an eyebrow.

"Their starting to be, Angel is starting to see the lengths Nico is willing to go for her." I said. "Was it because he was kidnapped by rogues?" Isabella asked. I looked at her shocked and a little angry. "How do you know about that?" I asked. "Nico told me." Isabella said. "He doesn't tell anyone about that." I said. "I don't know why he told me he just did." Isabella said awkwardly.

Nico's kidnapping was a sore subject. None of my family discussed it, especially around Nico. When he was kidnapped he was beaten so bad he came close to death a bunch of times. Nico had escaped about three years ago and we found him on our pack border. Mom recognized his scent and took him in instantly.

My eyes shifted to Isabella. She looked to be in deep thought. "What day was he kidnapped?" Isabella asked. "Why?" I asked. 'Does it matter?' "I just want to know." Isabella said looking down a little ashamed and embarrassed. "June thirteenth, 2000." I said. He was kidnapped a little after he was born.

"That's the same day my parents died except a different year." Isabella said sadly. Same day. That is just weird. 'Maybe it has a connection.' I'd look more into that. There could be something in common here.

Isabella looked up at me. "Where are your brothers?" I asked tilting my head. "Their out with Lucas, Ryne is searching for some clues to the rogues and Enyr is probably sucking Lucas's face off." Isabella said. Isabella shivered and shook her head.

Right then her iPhone went off. It was Jeffree Star's song Get Away With Murder. Isabella turned red but answered it. "Yes Lucas." Isabella said. Isabella paced back and forth. She nodded every once in awhile.

Then Isabella dropped her iPhone. Her face looked completely blank. "They found ten dead bodies."

1206 words. Yes it was a cliffhanger. Oops. But I wanted it to be this way. But I can ensure you the next chapter will be long and great. Until next time my demon marshmallows...