:Chapter 38:

:Isabella:

Blackness. I've come to know it very well. It soothes me. Like a nice hot bath or the warm welcoming hug of a loved one. That's how I felt about the cold blackness. Sometimes I just wish I could stay in the darkness forever. Never have to worry about a thing again. Just the blackness and I.

No. Some rational side of me always won though. Reminded me to keep on going. Not to get comfortable. Because when you get comfortable is when everything goes wrong. People start dying. Sickness spreads like a wild fire. Everything you know and love, gone. Just like that. All it takes is one second and everything is gone. That's why I have to wake up.
************
"Isabella." A voice called out. Open your eyes. I tried to open them. Failure. "Isabella, I know your awake just start off slow, start with your fingers." The voice called out.

Taking a breath in I concentrated on my hand. My index finger curled up. "Good, now try moving your hand." The voice commanded. I slowed my breathing down. My hand moved up arching. "Nice, now try to move your arm." The voice said.

I wasn't so sure. 'Trust him.' I'm not sure what voice that was but I listened to it. I concentrated on my arm and soon it moved. "Excellent now open your eyes." He said. "I can't." I said. "Yes you can, you're telling yourself you can't." He replied.

I breathed in. My eyes then opened. Pushing myself up I began looking for my savior. No one was in here with me. Where even was I?

Cobwebs were hanging from the ceiling. Looking up front I saw steel iron doors. Something that couldn't be smashed or magik played with. Iron deflected magik. There was a small iron section on each side of the wall. The walls were made from cold stone.

When I went to move my arms completely something restrained me. Looking down I sighed. There was chains around my arms. Of course. "Isabella?" A voice asked. No. "Orchid." I replied. "Where are you?" Orchid asked. "I don't know this place doesn't offer much light." I answered.

Come on. I need to get to Orchid. She has to be alright. After she disappeared after the party like that it felt like a half of my heart was taken with. "Speak again." I said. "Ok, are you alright?" Orchid asked. Gathering the chains I went in the direction of the voice. When my ankle touched the ground, pain shot threw my body.

"Yeah except the fact that my ankle is killing me." I said. I looked at the window. "Are you in a cell?" I asked. "Yes, why?" Orchid asked. Grabbing the bars to the cell next to me I smiled. "Because I'm in the cell next to you." I said.

Orchid looked at me and ran towards the bars. She was crying. "I'm so scared, they kept on hitting and kicking me." Orchid cried. What? Orchid looked up. Bruises covered her face. Her left eye was swollen. "Who did this?" I asked teetering on the edge of sanity. "I don't know, it happened so quickly but I saw a girl with purple hair." Orchid cried.

I gritted my teeth in anger. "Vee." I said angrily. "That tone and look on your face, ah it just lovely." Vee said as she appeared in front of my cell. Orchid ran to the side. I walked up to her. "What do you want?" I asked angrily. "What they all wanted." Vee answered.

"Who?" I asked gripping the bars. Oh what I would do to rip these bars off and kill her. "The Shtriga and Gavial of course." Vee answered and cackled. I glared intensely at her. "We may of done different things but we all had the same boss and motive." Vee said.

I kept quiet and glared at her. "The first and you." Vee whispered getting close to me. With that I struck. Grabbing her shirt I slammed her into the bars. "Your gonna let Orchid and me out!" I yelled at her. Vee simply pushed her off of me. "You can tell yourself that all you want but it's never gonna work, right now you're the caged in one, like an animal." Vee taunted her eyes turning black and red.

"How'd you even find me?" I asked slumping against the bars. Someone must of told her. I was never very open on where I was. Being an assassin hunter was never easy but never too hard. "I have ears everywhere and those ears have ears." Vee said bending down onto my level.

I looked at her. She was hiding something. "Although I do have some ears that would kill you knowing who they were." Vee said standing up. I glared at her. "People close to you but not to close." Vee said with a smirk. I glared at her. "Do you want to know who they are?" Vee asked. I kept quiet. She was toying with me. I wasn't gonna let her break me.

I was meant to be able to deflect emotional and physical torture. Orchid wasn't. "Darryl why don't you bring our ears to come meet our most loved prisoner." Vee suggested. I looked at Darryl. He was the big buff guy from before. Darryl nodded before walking away. Orchid looked at me and mouthed sorry.

I shook my head. She had no need to apologize for anything. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. "Sweetie it's a process of breaking you until you are simply a doll for us to manipulate." Vee said with a cruel smirk. I couldn't help it. I laughed. "I'm built for emotional torture." I said. "We'll see about that." Vee said.

"When you find out who betrayed you it will feel your heart was ripped out of your chest." Vee said. I rolled my eyes. "Unless it's Derik, Lucas or any of Ashford's plus Kadan and Alana it won't hurt." I said. "Don't be to sure of yourself." Vee said.

Darryl walked down three people behind them. "Do you want me to show her?" Darryl asked. "Yes lets see what she does." Vee said. Darryl moved away revealing the three people.

I grabbed the bars in anger. "You fucking bitch!" I yelled. Kayla simply put her hands on her hips. "I've been called worst." Kayla said. Dalton assumingly now ex best friend stood next to her holding her by the hips. But the last person pissed me off.

Layla. The fucking secretary of the New York hunters organization. She had access to all the places hunters were. "What about Derik?" I asked. Ryan growled. "Me his mate, ha that's funny, he's not even attractive and who would mate themselves to a hunter, the enemy." Kayla said.

With that she walked towards me. "Personally I don't know what Dalton sees in you, you're not the least but attractive, putting your chest next to a pancake and they'd be twins." Kayla said. "She has a much better personality then you." Orchid said. "Someone beat her again so she'll shut her up." Kayla said. Vee was leaning against the wall emotionless.

I grabbed the pink shirt of Kayla and slammed her face into the bars. "I'll kill you!" I yelled at her. Ryan lengthened his claws and swatted at my arm. I let go of her as he scratched up my entire arm. Vee got up at that. She grabbed him and threw him into a wall. "No one touches her, the first wants her in perfect condition!" Vee yelled. For a moment her face flared up. Kayla stayed completely still.

"Leave now!" Vee yelled. They all scrambled. "Layla bandage her up." Vee said. "Yes." Layla said bowing her head. With that she walked towards me. "They'll come for me." I said. Vee laughed. "They have until 12." Vee said. With that she walked away.

1304. So...... Yeah.... Kayla is evil....Ryan is evil... Layla is evil... Orchid is alive but hurt, but she's alive. Will Dalton be able to save her before 12? I loved that you guys stuck around for this story. So I shared some writing tips with people. If any of you are writing feel free to ask for tips. I did learn to write without help so I have a natural talent in writing. I'll also take reading requests if the books are horror or supernatural. UNTIL NEXT TIME EVIL MARSHMALLOWS.