:Chapter 39:

:Dalton:

Where would psycho rogues drag Isabella? A underground network of caves and lock her in a dungeon. No they wouldn't do that. My luck she's in some high quality hotel. I looked at Andrew. His knees were pressed to his chest. He looked paralyzed.

Walking over to him, I sat down on the couch next to him. Andrew looked up at me. "Orchid." Andrew said. "We don't have any leads on Orchid or Isabella." I replied. Andrew nodded. He looked so defeated. It hurt me. Andrew was technically my other half. We were identical twins.

"Andrew." I said. "Yes." Andrew replied. "You are not dead, Orchid is not dead." I stated. "We don't know that." Andrew stated. "Why would they kill Orchid, don't you think Isabella would react very violently plus you would be able to feel it." I stated. "Did you feel Orchid die?" I asked. Andrew shook his head.

"You marked Orchid, right?" I asked. "Yeah we just haven't fully mated." Andrew stated. "Well I haven't done anything with Isabella, haven't even marked her." I said. Andrew looked down. "You have a way better chance of finding Orchid then I do of finding Isabella." I started. "But instead you're sitting here moping when in reality the real Andrew would be working down to bone to find Orchid." I said.

"I want to know who you are and where you put my brother." I said. "You're right, I should not just sit here, I'm going to find Orchid even if it kills me." Andrew said. "Lets not go that far, we must be cautious." I said. Andrew sighed but nodded.

"Where is everyone?" Andrew asked. "In the kitchen planning." I said. "And why aren't we helping?" Andrew asked in a duh tone. "Well you were in a paralytic state and I didn't want to leave you." I said. "Well now I'm not so lets go help plan." Andrew said. With that he began dragging me into the kitchen.

Everyone was seated at the brown glossy wooden table. Nico was drumming his fingers against the table nervously. "Have you got any hints?" I asked as we sat down. "Nope, the tracks ended at the start of the Shadow Gaze territory." Derik answered giving me a sympathetic look. "Could it be a vampire?" I asked.

"No, vampires leave scent marks." Enyr said. "What can conceal it's scent and footprints?" I asked confused. Lucas looked to be in very deep thought. "Coyotes can walk on their toes." Max said. "Yes a coyote took Isabella." Rory said sarcastically. "Max they can't conceal their scents, their not even supernatural." Noah said in a soft voice.

"Coyotes?" Lucas asked. "Yeah when a coyote doesn't want to be caught they walk on their toes for their not heard." Max answered with a smile. "But do they leave footprints?" Lucas asked. "Yeah but their small, not very noticeable." Max answered.

"Do you have a library around here?" Lucas asked. "Yeah we have our own." I said. "Where is it?" Lucas asked standing up. "Upstairs, you won't miss it, it has a glass window in front." I said. "Did Isabella ever go in there?" Lucas asked. "Yeah she liked it there, she even gave me a book a week ago." I said.

"Was it a brown leather bound journal that had something written in cursive?" Lucas asked standing up. "Yeah but I don't think it was in English." I answered. "Do you know what it is?" I asked. "Yeah Isabella's hunter's guide." Lucas said. With that he hurried off to the library.

"What's a hunter's guide?" I asked. "Depends on which one because a hunter get's two of them." Ryne answered. "Both of them." I said. "Well you get a simple one provided by the Organization that contains basic information you need." Ryne answered.

"What about the second one?" I asked tilting my head to the left. "It's the hunters personal guide, when it's given to you it's just a blank journal sometimes bound in leather, depends on what the hunters pick." Ryne answered. "Why is it blank?" I asked.

"The hunter fills it with information they got personally." Derik answered. "Why would she give it to me?" I asked. "Isabella had a very unique guide, if you need something about demons her journal is the one to read, she knows a lot thanks to Satan and personal experience." Derik answered.

"But why me?" I asked. "Hunters always keep their personal guide on them, but Isabella was trying to solve her family's death and kept on connecting to demon species since she said some howl scared the rogues away." Derik answered.

"Yeah the howl was very loud and deep." Ryne said. "You heard it?" I asked very puzzled now. "Yeah that's the last I heard before I 'died' and became a Lycan, I'm pretty sure we just passed out." Ryne said. "For almost a month." Enyr commented looking at Ryne.

"She was trying to hide it from something." Nico said. "Probably, I don't know what goes on inside her mind." Derik said. I wasn't sure if that was an insult or not. 'It better not be or there will be some words.' 'He's an Alpha too, plus their best friends.'

Ash huffed but complied. "What do you think she was trying to hide it from?" I asked. "Someone probably has to know." Derik said. "Why was Lucas so worried and determined?" I asked. "No idea, they have very similar journals, maybe he thinks she left something." Ryne suggested.

I brushed the hair from my face. I felt so nervous. I had no idea where my mate was. We may not be dating but she was a awesome friend. Plus it's different without her sarcastic and witty remarks and random spurts of knowledge.

Alana looked really uncomfortable. Probably was blaming herself. It wasn't her fault, she just excited to see Kadan. It was the god damn rogues fault for starting a rogue. "Have you seen any hybrids lately?" I asked. "I saw that Leif dude and a few attacking, there probably waiting for some big signal." Derik said as he crossed his heads across his chest. "What could of captured her?" I asked irritated.

A leather journal was thrown down next to me open. "A coyote." Lucas said. Max smirked at me. "To be specific the coyote of the demon world, the Helkin." Lucas said. "That's what attacked us twice." I said. "Well their like coyotes they run on their toes to avoid being heard when they grab their victims." Lucas said.

"They also enjoy antagonizing wolves just like coyotes." Lucas said pointing to the journal. I looked at the journal. It had very neatly written information in inky black pen that doesn't bleed. The journal had no lines but yet was written so neatly. There was a drawn picture of a Helkin at the bottom. It looked very real.

"There are very few Helkin that leave hell do to them being very bloodthirsty." Lucas explained. "Do you know their names?" I asked. "Well there's Jeaken, Diablik, and Veeden." Lucas answered pointing at the journal again. "Is Veeden a girl?" I asked. "One of the few Helkin girls." Lucas said. "Yeah that was the Helkin we saw." I answered.

"Damn it." Lucas swore. "What?" I asked. "If that's who you think has her we're in for a handful." Lucas said. "Why?" I asked nervous. "Because she was one of the first Helkin made and the most bloodthirsty, they had to put her in a sleep because of how dangerous she was." Lucas said. "Then how is she here?" I asked.

"Someone powerful released her." Lucas said. "We need to go to where those tracks stop because I can guarantee if we look carefully we'll find hers." Lucas said. "Bring all the weapons you can get, because your gonna need them." Lucas said looking at us.

1317. So it was a four day wait but worth it. I have a hard time with Dalton's POV sometimes but the story is wrapping itself up. The enemy was revealed but a very important fact hasn't. Why do they only have till Midnight? You'll have to stick around to find out. And the journal I'm writing in a comp book. I MIGHT publish it. Until next time my leather marshmallows.