twentyeight.

Diamond's POV

Every since that day, Rodney and I haven't been on good terms. Or I haven't been on good terms with him. I don't want to do anything or say anything in front the kids so I just keep my distance.

I've been thinking of maybe even sleeping in the movie room. Just to be away from him. I know, I know, I'm doing it much. But we're married and he needs to respect me. I just know he's out sleeping with Becky.

"Mommy!" Laila said snapping me out my thoughts.

"What's up baby?"

"Why are you crying?" she asked.

"Oh, that's because mommy is sick sweetie. I don't feel too well." I said picking her up.

"Well, I hope you get better." she said as she hugged me.

"I do too."

The doorbell rung and Kalen came downstairs running. He ran to the door and opened it.

"Uncle Dustin!" he yelled.

That's right, my little brother is in town. In Louisiana its Mardi Gras break and instead of us coming down, he decided to come up.

"Hey little man." he said picking him up upsidedown.

"Uncle Dusty." Laila said running to him.

"Hey cutie." he said picking her up also.

"Wait, we're missing one." he said looking around.

"RJ is out with Rodney. They went to the store but Kalen was waiting on Uncle Dustin." I explained.

"Was waiting for me huh?" he asked.

"Yes, I can't wait for me to beat you in ball. I've gotten a lot better." Kalen rambled on.

"Well, I can't wait to prove you wrong." he said.

Dustin is now seventeen years old. I just can't believe he's that old but I wasn't there half on the time to watch him grow how I wanted.

"So, how's dad?" I asked.

"Dad is dad. Mom on the other hand is now a completely different person after the divorce." he explained.

That's right, dad finally went through with the divorce. Its been about a year now and I still can't believe. But at the same time karma's a b*tch!

"Mom's been a different person since Kalen been born." I stated.

"She was messed up for that. That was a whole different person. Especially, when she called you a h*e."

"Well, she gotta weep what she sew now. Because unless she wants to see her grandkids, she gotta get her sh*t together." I stated.

"Haha, well I need to get settled. So, who wanna take my bags to my room?" he asked.

"I will!" Laila and Kalen both yelled.

They both picked up or, if you're Laila, dragged his stuff to the basement. Which was originally Rodney's man cave but now its a guest room.

"I was thinking after high school, I move down here." he said.

"Um, I suggested not. There's many opportunities for you in the world. Separate from your family." I said.

"Blah blah. You moved down with aunt Lisa. I didn't see you move away from your family."

"I had a child and had no choice. I needed someone to fall back on until I got on my feet."

"And now you are living large with a husband and two kids." he said.

"Yeah, husband and two kids." I stated.