Broken Girl

I love writing sad prompts that become happy omg

Broken. That's the only accurate word to describe me.

I have an abusive father, and an alcoholic mother.

My ex boyfriend cheated on me with my bully.

I'm bullied, physically and verbally. They call me the nastiest names, and hit me whenever they get the chance.

The only person who knows how broken I really am, is Peta Murgatroyd. Well, that is, if she would open my direct messages.

/////

Peta's POV

I open a DM on instagram from a 13 year old girl from New York.

@rissaxo Hey Peta. I'm 13 and I know you get messages like these all the time, but I really need your help. I'm scared and broken and I look up to you. Please respond. Thanks a ton xo.

I knew I had to find this girl. I booked a flight to New York and found the girl. We were gonna have a talk tomorrow morning. I messaged her back:

To @rissaxo Hi Rissa. I'm sorry you're going through this. I want to help you. I'm in New York atm, we can meet tomorrow morning. I love you, always remember that.

She responded reluctantly, Thank you Peta. I love you.

It meant a lot to me that this girl looked up to me and trusted me. I knew I was doing the right thing.

/////

I walked into Starbucks and saw the girl. She looked scared, and in much pain. She had a black and blue eye, a huge oversized sweater for her tiny body, and cuts all on her wrist. It made me want to cry.

When she saw me, she smiled and I saw a tear roll down her face.

She got up and hugged me. I embraced the shorter girl and kissed her cheek, "It's okay, I'm here."

She quickly wiped her tears, "I'm sorry. It's just, I have a lot going on, and-"

I cut her off, "It's okay, I get it. Speak when you're ready" I put an arm around the girl once again.

She began to speak as I grabbed her hands, "I'm broken. My dad abuses me, my mom's an alcoholic. My ex boyfriend cheated on me with my bully. I feel worthless"

The girl spoke as tears rolled down her face. I pulled her into my lap and whispered nice things in her ear, "You're beautiful. You're strong. I love you"

Her breathing started to even out and she spoke up, "thank you for making me feel like I have meaning. My word's dull, but you brightened it" she kissed me cheek and smiled.

I'm so glad I can help this girl out, I feel like I've known her forever.

Her phone rings and I encourage her to answer, she puts it on speaker: "Is this Ms. Rissa Luciano? Your mother and family were in an accident and passed away. You have to be put up for adoption"

She cried and spoke, "Even though they were bad, I still love them"

I got an idea, "It's okay, and hey Rissa? I'm gonna adopt you"

She gave me the biggest hug and smiled, "thank you momma, I love you"

xx