CHAPTER 8: Ryouko no uragiri (Ryouko's betrayal)

The days flew past with Ryouko's time mostly taken up by the girls tennis club and school work. She almost always monitored the Seigaku members too. All of them, although she had more notes for the regular players had records with her. Before she knew it, the data accumulated enough to fill three of her notebooks.

It was a fairly hot day for the onset of autumn, probably the hottest one they encountered that week. Summer really was still lingering around.

Ryouko was sitting on her seat, staring up at the sky outside the window. Break time came and she snapped out of her reverie.

She was about to tap Ryoma on the shoulder to invite him to join her on the rooftop when a delivery guy stood at the doorway of their classroom.

"Is there a Fujioka Ryouko-san in here?" He asked.

She raised her hand, getting the delivery guys' attention. Ryouko approached him.

He handed her a box covered with a blue striped wrapper. "Please sign here." He told her.

She took the clipboard and signed it with her left hand.

"Ryouko-chan..." Miyako told her after the delivery guy went away.

She looked at her.

"Aren't you right-handed?" She asked.

"A." She said suddenly, realizing that she used her left hand.

"I'm originally left-handed. But I can use my right hand to write too. The handwriting looks different though. My original signature is written with my left hand." She explained.

"Waa... Are you ambidextrous? It's the first time I've seen one..." Mami commented.

"I'm not ambidextrous. I just learned." She replied.

"Then Ryouko-san, that means that you're a southpaw like Echizen..." Horio said.

Ryouko nodded.

"Then how come you fought with Minami-senpai right-handed?" Mami asked.

"This is why I hate people who doesn't know a thing about tennis... To hit a twist serve wherein you want the ball to fly towards your opponent, you have to use the hand that your opponent uses. Minami-senpai is right-handed, that's why Ryouko-san used her right hand." Horio said knowingly.

"Even so..." Miyako mumbled. She knew nothing about tennis, but still, she felt as though Ryouko-chan using her right hand when she's left-handed somehow made it seem like Ryouko-chan underestimated Minami-senpai.

"Which one is stronger, your right or your left?" Mami asked.

"Left." Ryouko answered. Right now, she's more concerned of what the heck the package she just received contained.

Ryouko took the box and opened it. Inside was a drone. Yes, definitely a drone.

It suddenly lit up and flew out of the box.

Ryouko frowned. There's only one person who will do this.

"What's that?" Her classmates asked excitedly to each other, pointing at the slowly levitating drone.

"A drone." She said.

"A what?" Horio asked.

"A camera." She simply answered.

She was pretty sure that that guy is somewhere near here. She watched as the drone hovered above, the camera pointing straight at her. Ryouko took her racket from the duffel bag she had under her chair, threw a tennis ball in the air and served a ball towards the machine.