CHAPTER 51: Camp Nightmare

The trip was hectic and noisy but otherwise uneventful. Ryouko had her hands full with the overactive Mami, pointing at every scenery they could see and anything peculiar that meets her eye. The freshmen ate snacks, chatted, sung songs and did their best to be merry. Even the regulars joined in the fun.

Ryoma pretended to be asleep, but every now and then, he opened one of his eyes to peer at what's happening in the bus. When Kawamura took out his big parcel, which turned out to be sushi, his eyes pried open and all of a sudden, he was wide awake.

There was a bit of silence when they reached the entrance of the plane charter, except for the 'oohs' and 'ahhs' of the freshmen in appreciation to how beautiful the Atobe private airport is. Their hands and faces were pressed upon the glass of the window, their eyes taking everything. The bus reached the plane charter and the campers dismounted from their vehicle, chatting away and looking around.

Now there came a bit of the hard part: unloading the luggages. For it to be more civil and organized, Tezuka, Oishi and Inui oversaw the unloading, calling names one by one for each person to retrieve their baggages properly. Thanks to this brilliant idea, the procession proceeded smoothly and was done in no time.

There was excited buzzing as they filed into one line in front of the plane they would board. Atobe would be riding his private jet to Okinawa and Ryouko was pleased to know that they would not be seeing each other's faces until they landed. He, on the other hand, knew this and considered boarding the same plane just to get back at her earlier. For once though, maturity took over his brain and he dismissed the idea. He caused enough ruckus for one day. He couldn't quite understand it but he liked to annoy the little Fujioka heiress. It was somewhat enjoyable. He usually hated being bothered about almost anything because he's lazy, but taunting Ryouko was never a tiring thing for him. He boarded his jet without further ado so he could enjoy a comfortable ride before the camp. He didn't have a very good feeling at the glint in his father's eyes before he left, and Mashiro-san, his father's driver and personal aide hinted that there would be something exciting to happen in the camp. "That old man must be scheming something... I'm sure of it." He thought.

Ryouko sat with the girls again, as her arm was hooked onto Mami's and the latter wouldn't let go. The plane ride was not so different, except the fact that they were waited on by the stewardesses as if they were VIPs. The Seigaku members loved every minute of it. Momoshiro fooled around with the freshmen, leading in the chaos and eating as much snacks as he could. Kikumaru was his partner-in-crime.

"I think you shouldn't gobble up so many food this early, senpai. CEO Atobe told me that there would be a banquet tonight." Ryouko called to them.

Momoshiro stood in his seat, looked over at the back towards her with an arm slung on the backrest. "Rearry?" He said incredulously, words slurred with his mouth overflowing with corn chips. Some pieces of half-chewed chips flew to Kaidoh's face who was sitting behind him. Kaidoh flicked them off, looking both annoyed and disgusted but otherwise holding it in.

"Yes. He sent me a message." Ryouko confirmed.

"Awright!" Momoshiro exclaimed in delight, sprinkling more chip bits and spit to Kaidoh's face. The latter exploded.

"OY!" Kaidoh yelled.

"What's wrong, Mamushi?" Momoshiro asked, showering him with saliva for the third time.

"Stop talking with your mouth full, you bastard!" Kaidoh shouted and stood up, wiping his face with a towel and throwing it at Momoshiro's face, exploding with anger.

Momoshiro didn't move at first, the towel hanging on his head. Then the heat instantly went to his head and he too, gave his own exclamation. "What's it to you if I chew with my mouth open?!" He threw the towel back at Kaidoh.