CHAPTER 89: Lunch Equals Pandemonium

When the door opened, all five people in the room looked at the direction of the entrance and at the smug face of Atobe Keigo smiling as he stepped towards them.

"Hello, esteemed members of the Fujioka Corporation. My father would like to extend his greetings to all of you. He was planning on coming here, but a sudden meeting came up and he won't be able to grace us with his presence. I'll be your humble host for the rest of your stay. For now, should we go down to the lobby and have some lunch first? I'll make sure that the long trip you went through to come here will be worth it." He said, or more like announced. He actually sounded like a really well-mannered gentleman welcoming his guests into his abode.

Ryouko raised an eyebrow. "What's with him?" She thought.

Licht, the born gentleman, immediately launched into a polite response. "Thank you very much, Keigo-sama. We're delighted at your enthusiastic gesture towards—"

"Kei?" Licht's reply was suddenly cut off by Tatsuya's surprised voice.

Tetsuya gave a small laugh and pointed at Atobe. "You're Kei, aren't you? Room 507, the music room on the fifth floor, you played cello."

Atobe smiled knowingly and shrugged. "How is the most abominable pair of tricksters doing these days?" He told them in a very casual tone.

The twins laughed, flocked towards the Atobe heir and each gave him a friendly hug and a fist bump. Ryouko, Ichidou and Licht watched with wide eyes. The people peeking from outside had their jaws dropping at the scene.

"What the heck is going on?" Ryoma thought, furrows forming at his forehead.

"What is this, what is this?" Mami said, quite excited.

"They seem to know him." An added, peering curiously inside the room.

"Wait a minute..." Tetsuya said and looked deep in thought. "Kei. Keigo." He snapped his fingers, the realization hitting him. "Your full first name is Keigo?" He asked incredulously.

"Senpai..." Atobe said, quite exasperated.

"Senpai?" All the people listening to them thought, their eyebrows jumping from their foreheads.

Tatsuya laughed and waved his hand in a carefree manner. "Details, details... You know how we are... We only remember people by face and nicknames. Unless they're extremely important." He winked.

Atobe sighed. "Is that your way of saying that I'm not that important?" He asked.

"Bingo!" Tatsuya and Tetsuya answered when all of a sudden, a thought hit the both of them. They snapped their fingers simultaneously.

"Ah, right! You're Chairman Atobe Takeo's only son! How can we forget about that? Your old man always treat us to milkshakes right after every practice. He was never there though." Tetsuya said and laughed good-naturedly, hitting Atobe Keigo on the back with consecutive playful pats.

"Yon nen buri ka na? (Has it been four years?)" Tatsuya said.

"No, five years. I was nine back then." Atobe answered.

"This is such a pleasant surprise. How come we didn't see you outside earlier?" Tatsuya asked.

"I stepped out for a minute to answer a phone call. It was from my father and he informed me that we have more guests. I find it such a coincidence that those 'guests' are actually some people I know..." Atobe replied, waving his phone on one hand before returning it in his side pocket.

"Uhm." Ryouko suddenly said, interrupting their greetings. "You know him?" She asked, looking quite curious.

"Yup." Tetsuya said, hooking an arm around Atobe's neck. "He's our kouhai (junior) back in elementary school. He's also in the same orchestra club that I attend since the third grade."