CHAPTER 107: The things she did and said

Sakuno and Tomoka were on their way back from the kitchen of the main cabin after making sure that the dessert buffet is ready for serving. Suddenly, their phones rang. Both received a message.

Tomoka took out her phone and looked at the screen. "Oh? Ryouko-san texted me," she said, quite surprised.

Sakuno had also taken out hers and saw that the sender of the message she received is the same. "Me too," she told her friend.

"What's it about?" Tomoka asked and opened the message.

Sakuno read the message out loud. "A message from Kagami Taiga-senpai of Seirin High Basketball Team: Beware of the coach with blonde hair with a kissing bug. Kagami-senpai said that she kisses children and women at random. He's worried that we may be traumatized. Don't say you're not warned." She looked at Tomoka and blinked.

Tomoka checked that the message she received is identical. Upon confirming, her brown eyes widened. "Ki-kiss?" she said.

Sakuno gasped and covered her mouth with one hand.

"Should we wear masks?" Tomoka asked. "We should wear masks," she added, rephrasing her words.

Sakuno nodded in response. On their way to the main hall, both kept their hands plastered on their lips. They ran into Shuu and Motoki who were laughing at the same text message they received.

"I saw Kagami-senpai's coach earlier. She's really beautiful," Motoki commented.

"It might not be a bad idea to get kissed by her then," Shuu said teasingly. He nudged Motoki on the ribs. "How about it?"

Miyako and Mami arrived in the area as well. Mami marched towards Shuu and twisted his arm.

"Ow, ow, what are you doing, baka Mami?" Shuu said, feeling his bones grind in complaint.

"You guys are sick, you know that?" Mami scolded.

"I was joking! Can't you differentiate a sincere comment from a joke? Let go of me you gorilla!" Shuu yelled.

"It's only a joke if it's funny. I'm with Mami-chan on this one. You should be punished," Miyako said and twisted Shuu's other arm. Shuu hollered in pain.

"This is why I hate girls!" he hissed at Motoki's ear as soon as the two set him free.

"We're honored. No one needs acknowledgement from you," Mami said, overhearing Shuu's comment.

The six freshmen made their way to the main hall when they saw the incident occur before their eyes. It happened so fast that they didn't have any time to react.

The blonde coach was leaning her face towards Echizen Ryoma, her lips puckered up. In an instant, Fujioka Ryouko pulled him out of the way and switched their positions. The woman ended up kissing Ryouko instead of the original target. They watched Ryoma's jaw drop in shock.

Ryoma pulled Ryouko away and reacted quite violently. Then they witnessed both Ryoma and Ryouko make gestures of protecting the other.

"Anyone but Ryoma," they heard Ryouko say.

Mami and Miyako's heartrings tightened and they looked at each other, stifling their squeals.

Then Fujioka Keima came, said something and ran out of the hall. Ryoma chased him after Ryouko yelled and the latter followed a second later.

"What the?" Shuu and Motoki said, looking dumbfounded.

Mami and Miyako looked at each other excitedly. "Did you just see what I saw?" Mami asked.