CHAPTER 26: Ryouko almost kidnapped

After the announcement of the inter-school tennis camp, the members of the Seigaku tennis club had been radiating such contagious happy viruses around every corner of the school. Each and every freshmen with the sole exception of Ryoma flocked around Ryouko and asked about a hundred times whether the announcement was true or are the regulars just pulling their legs. Ryouko assured them again and again that it was not a joke. They will all be going to Okinawa next week.

Later that night, Ryouko didn't bother getting in the bath. She went straight to her desk and turned her laptop on and started devising training strategies and improving the individual training programs. They will be near a beach. It will be such a stupid thing to do to let the opportunity slide. Beach training will be tougher than the normal exercises that they do. It will certainly be a wonderful spot to get the players a good deal of stamina and endurance exercises.

Somebody knocked on her door. It can only be Licht since Ichidou never bothered with knocking. "Come in, Licht." She called.

"Ojou-sama. Your bath is ready. And the afternoon tea is getting cold." Licht told her.

"I'll be there in half an hour. I just have to finalize this." She told him without taking her glance off of her laptop.

She heard Licht sigh. "In 30 minutes, it is. Please be true to your words."

"I will." She replied.

She heard the door close.

~~~

"Where's Ryouko-chan?" Ichidou asked Licht.

Licht was preparing a table for the afternoon tea. He laid out a small basket of scones and arranged bite-sized sandwiches and strawberry tarts on metal platters.

"She went staright to her room the minute she entered the house. She had been there for an hour now. I had to draw her bath again because it became cold. I was just finishing decorating the table before coming to her room and tell her that the bath and tea are ready." Licht answered.

"That little workaholic wench... Let's go. I'll listen in on your conversation and see how far she wants this thing to continue." Ichidou said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

And thus, both of them marched towards Ryouko's room. Ichidou looked at Licht. They just arrived outside Ryouko's door.

Licht knocked and talked to Ryouko. Whe Ichichou heard the butler sigh, he knew that Ryouko was definitely not going to budge from her desk and this will be the beginning of another all-nighter.

"In 30 minutes, it is. Please be true to your words." Licht said and closed the door.

Ichidou looked at Licht. Licht shook his head.

"That's it. I'm texting Setsu-nii and Gai to come here tomorrow." Ichidou said firmly.

"I also think that it will be the right thing to do." Licht answered.

~~~

The bell for homeroom sounded and it made Ryouko snap out of her reverie.

The teacher greeted the students. They greeted back.

"I hope that you all studied for today's pop quiz." Their teacher said as he layed out a plie of papers on his desk.

The students groaned.

"How unfair... Echizen doesn't have to study because he already mastered English from living in the States." Horio said under his breath.

Ryoma ignored him.