CHAPTER 96: Nothing more

The Night Before Day 5 of the Interschool Tennis Camp

"There you are." The Fujioka twins greeted Ryouko, Ryoma and Ichidou as they returned to the grounds. They both have popsicles in their hands.

"Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you." Tatsuya said, shoving off the two boys and going straight for Ryouko.

"Gee. Your concern is touching." Ichidou, who was propelled to the side, said sarcastically.

Tetsuya touched Ryouko's arm. "Poor princess. You're as chilled as these popsicles. Do you want a jacket?"

"No thanks. I enjoy the cold breeze and the shawl is keeping me warm enough." She told him with a smile.

Ryoma rubbed the shoulder that Tatsuya shoved. "You obsessed cousins... She's all you can see, isn't she?"

The twins turned to them, bit off what's left of their popsicles and waved the sticks at Ryoma and Ichidou. "That's taken for granted. We've got no use for boys like you. Now scram." They said with absolute synchronization, pointing the sticks to the exact same direction.

"Guys." Ryouko told them. "Play nice."

"Yes, ma'am..." The twins chorused.

Ryoma and Ichidou rolled their eyes.

"Let's go get some small fireworks and light them up." Tetsuya said with a grin. He and his twin immediately wheeled her to the side of the bonfire.

"Sometimes, I wonder which of us is older." Ichidou commented as he watched his brothers go off with the enthusiasm of grade schoolers.

Ryoma smirked. "You're not alone in that." He replied.

Ichidou held up a hand for a high five. Ryoma gave it a slap.

Ichidou yawned. "I'm so tired. Today is just full of surprises." He turned to Ryoma. "I'll convince the twins to retire for the night. You should give everyone a heads-up that it's getting too late for this party to go on."

"I'll tell Arai-senpai and have him announce it on the PA system." Ryoma said.

The two boys parted ways and tended to their own tasks. Ryoma didn't have to struggle since everyone were also feeling the fatigue from partying too much. The fireworks were all lit up and the bonfire was reduced to embers. The only ones who were still feeling as energetic as ever were the Fujioka twins. They pouted and complained as the grounds was slowly cleared of the dinner tables and equipments used for the fireworks display.

"But we still want to plaaaaay..." They chorused, sounding a lot like a couple of spoiled infants.

"It's almost 11. Don't you need to get up early tomorrow?" Ryouko said.

"Demo... (But...)" The twins said.

"Himura-san said that we'll leave at 7 am sharp. If you don't get your asses in bed this instant, you'd be snoring until 10 am tomorrow. We may have lived apart from each other but I still remember your habits vividly." Ichidou told them.

"Cheh..." The twins pouted. After a few minutes of banging their feet, both did as they were told and walked towards the main building with the others.

"An." Ryouko called as she spotted her roommate helping the boys in segregating the garbage which mostly consisted of barbecue sticks, disposable cups and soda cans. Miyako, Mami, Tomoka and Sakuno were with her, their hands busy with the same task. "Aren't you guys gonna go back to the Representatives' cabin?" She asked as she wheeled herself towards the girls.