CHAPTER 68: The Consequence of the Absurd Dream

An was literally skipping as she headed to the main cabin of Team 1. The details of the second event were made clear to them, as well as the rules that would be implemented. It was really well-made and they made the game sound so exciting.

She figured that all of them would have trouble keeping this secret until after lunch, especially Mami and Tomoka. She giggled as she thought of their inner mind struggles of keeping their mouths shut.

Well, they have a lot of chores that morning so the girls might be able to put the event aside for the time-being...

As she entered the cabin, she was greeted by Saeki Kojiro and Momoshiro Takeshi. "Oi, rep! You're late!" Momo yelled at her.

"Sorry, sorry... I got delayed. I had a small bite with the girls." She told them.

"And we got no bites until last night's dinner. So let's get this over with so we can eat." Momoshiro told her. He and Saeki were already walking towards the kitchen door.

"Sheesh. When it comes to food, you got no patience." An said, following them to the kitchen.

Saeki laughed. "That's not true. If you promise him that the dish will be tastier if he just wait five minutes, he will indeed wait five minutes. Won't you, Momoshiro-kun?"

Momoshiro grinned. "Shucks, Saeki-san... You give me so much credit." He replied.

"That's credit?" An thought in exasperation. She sighed.

Unlike the second team who decided their chores by who wants to do what, the first team were full of complaints as they were designating the tasks and both An and the captain Yanagi ended up deciding to choose the designations via lottery. It was seconded by the vice captain Saeki. "Otherwise, we won't be able to get anything done." He told them.

It was set beforehand that An would oversee the group tasked with cooking as she is, after all, the only girl in the team. It was just her relief that Saeki-san is a good cook, because all Momoshiro does is test-taste whatever they were making. He did so in the preparation of yesterday's meals. The only importance Momoshiro added, aside for being the test-taster, is that he kept the atmosphere inside the kitchen quite lively.

"Momoshiro-kun, I've got something for today's breakfast that would need your help." An told him as she put on her apron.

"You're not gonna make me cook something, are you? 'Cause I assure you that the sight won't be pretty." Momoshiro answered.

"Just put on an apron and come over here." An said in irritation, brandishing a kitchen knife in front of her.

"Stop waving that thing around, for goodness' sake." Momoshiro replied, obediently placing an apron over his built body.

Saeki laughed. "I'll get the ingredients ready. There's a lot of chopping to be done." He said and went to the other side of the kitchen counter.

"So what do I have to do?" Momoshiro asked as she stood by An's side.

An showed him a large butcher's knife.

"Well, that's big." Momoshiro said as she handed it to him. "Wait for a minute." She said. An's face and arms disappeared ininside the open refrigerator, rummaging for something and finally resurfacing with a large portion of pork meat in her hands. She heaved it over the counter and it landed with a bang.

"You." An said, pointing at Momoshiro. "Grind this into fine bits." She added as she pointed at the knife in Momo's hand and at the piece of humongous pork on the counter.

"Oi, oi." Momoshiro said in exasperation.

"Well, you're a power-player aren't you? And we need ground pork for the spring rolls we're making as the main dish for breakfast." An told him.