CHAPTER 63: Always making me worry

Yukimura was hurrying to the control room to stop the airing of the video. It was the least he could do to lessen the burden of what he did. It was also his way of taking responsibility.

But just when he thought that he was nearing the control room, he met a dead end. He must have taken a wrong turn. He remembered the blueprint posted in the hall used for fire exit purposes. He referred to it to have a clue of where the control room was located. It was supposed to be on the left. He traced his steps, checking the seconds that had passed. The video couldn't have gotten to that part yet, could it?

He looked ahead and saw the signboard indicating the control room. He quickened his pace when all of a sudden, he saw a dark silhouette enter the room. The hallway was dimly lit and he couldn't see who it was.

Yukimura was surprised to find himself in absolute darkness a millisecond later. There was a 'Hey!' from the room and Yukimura flinched. Was something going on?

"Who's that? What on earth are you doing?" The voice continued. It belonged to Tachibana's little sister.

"Don't show the rest of the video." A guy's voice replied. There was a stern tone in the way he said it.

"Why?" An asked.

"Just do it." The person answered. Yukimura didn't even have to guess to whom the voice belonged to. That person had a very distinctive voice.

The hallway lit up, although dimly and Yukimura walked towards the door. There was a bit of a conversation on the phone wherein Tachibana An told a lie to someone in order to cater the person's request about the video.

"Is this fine with you?" An asked him.

There was no response but the person had swung the door open from inside to get out of the room. He stepped into the dim corridor, the door automatically closing behind him.

He saw Yukimura standing at the side and stared at him for a second.

"Ya." Yukimura greeted. "I didn't expect to run into you here, but thanks anyway." He said.

"For what?" He answered.

"Well, you might not know it but you did me and a certain someone a favor for stopping that video." He said. Only at that moment that he asked himself why on earth did this person stop the video. For what purpose?

His response got Yukimura even more puzzled. "I didn't do it for anyone. I did it for myself." He answered and was about to leave when he suddenly opened the door again, giving Tachibana An a shock. He did the double-take to say a quick 'thank you' to her before leaving without sparing Yukimura a single glance.

~~~

An sighed. She wondered what that was about.

It all happened in a heartbeat. She was extremely surprised when the door of the control room suddenly swung open. Before that, she was staring absorbed at the laptop's screen, sitting prettily in the operator's seat, both elbows on the table, her chin in her hands, when a person went inside and pulled down the lever of the main electricity breaker of the hall. The darkness was absolute.

"Hey!" An yelled. "Who's that? What on earth are you doing?" She said in surprise and took her phone out of her pocket. She shone the light at the direction where the perpetrator had gone.

The person responsible for the power outage was revealed. Echizen Ryoma stood there, his hand still on the lever. "Don't show the rest of the video." He told her.

"Why?" She asked, blinking out of shock.

"Just do it." He said. He pulled the lever up and the lights went on.