CHAPTER 27: Setsuna, Ren, Gaito and Natsu

"I can't believe you actually forgot how I look." Setsuna said, ruffling Ryoma's hair.

"Not cool, Setsu. Not cool at all." Ryoma said good-naturedly as he fixed his ruined hair.

"Yeah. Unlike you by the school gates."Setsuna said. He straightened up and made a serious face."'Who are you and where are you taking her?'" He imitated Ryoma's way of talking earlier. "You were really cool." He added.

Ryoma smiled sheepishly and shook his head.

"Seriously, I'm sorry about that. I couldn't have imagined that it was you. Ryouko said evryone's busy and that none of you except Ichidou will come here." Ryoma said.

"Well, I'm in Canada, studying. I'm almost done... I'm looking forward to getting the degree. I'm getting tired of studying all the time. It can get boring if the family isn't there." Setsuna answered.

Ryouko stuck her head inside the door of the boys' tennis club's locker room. "Heads up!" She yelled in english as she throw two cans of Ponta into the air towards Ryoma and Setsuna.

Ryoma stood up to catch both. "Hey, be careful. These are carbonated." He replied in english.

"I still have a one-on-one instruction with Hayashi-senpai so it's your job to keep Setsu-nii busy." Ryouko told him and winked at the both of them before leaving.

"Have you ever seen a girl as mischievous as her?" Ryoma commented as he handed one can of Ponta to Setsuna.

Setsuna laughed. "Nope. There's only one Fujioka Ryouko in the world so the answer to that question will be 'no'."

"She never changed a bit." Ryoma said as he opened his can. "Whoa." He exclaimed as some of the grape-flavored drink spilled over. "I told her not to throw carbonated drinks. She never listens." Ryoma complained as he wiped the spill with a rag.

"Her nature of not listening still haven't changed but Ryouko herself changed a lot." Setsuna said.

"In what way?" Ryoma asked before taking a sip of his Ponta.

"A lot. She's more... well... She's prettier. Her hair is a lot longer. Her face matured a bit. She got taller, more slender. She's well... More womanly." Setsuna said thoughtfully.

"Really? I can't seem to see that." Ryoma replied.

"It should be you who should notice those the best. The last time you saw each other was when you guys were nine years old. I saw her last winter on her birthday." Setsuna said.

"Ryouko didn't change. I'd much rather she doesn't. I like her the way she is right now." Ryoma told him.

Setsuna looked thoughtful. He became quiet all of a sudden.

Ryoma looked at him. Being an only child, Ryoma silently longed for siblings. He had no one to play with. Well, his Dad teases him a lot so he's like a playmate to Ryoma. If there's someone in this world who felt like he'll remain a child forever, it's Echizen Nanjirou. Until now, his father still enjoys tormenting him.

Ryoga was a surprise to Ryoma. He didn't really have many vivid memories of Ryoga's stay in California. Ryoma thought of him as a sibling since the day they met again last summeralthough he will never admit that fact face to face with Ryoga.

Thinking about it, Ryoga haven't really done 'brotherly' things towards Ryoma. It made Ryoma cringe at the thought of himself saying 'Ryoga-niisan'.

Now here is a perfect older brother figure... Of all Ryouko's cousins, Ryoma looked up to Setsuna the most. He's the eldest among their generation of the Fujiokas. He's reliable, responsible and knows how to handle the little ones.

Tennis no Ojou-sama: A Prince of Tennis Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara