CHAPTER 53: Behold, the Team-ups

"What the heck..." Momoshiro said when he saw Kamio upon finding his team mates. "You again?" He added in exasperation.

"I didn't want to see your annoying face here to, you know." Kamio answered, quite disgusted.

"We're in the same team!" Yuuji shouted as he looked at the number on the ball he was holding.

"Yeah, whatever..." Koharu answered, acting nonchalant.

"But we're not in the same cabin." Yuuji said as he saw the different colors of the pingpong-sized balls.

Names were listed according to the drawn lottery balls, and Ryouko, together with the girls started to get busy at categorizing the members of each cabin.

"There must be a mistake though." An commented as she listed out the names, each member of the camp showing their lottery ball to them.

"Why?" Ryouko asked.

"Well, there are seventeen members per team excluding us. Why would there be only three cabins? Where would the excess two reside?" She answered.

Ryouko replied by pointing at the ball in Sanada Genichiro's hand using her ballpen. He just went to have his name listed. He was wondering why she was pointing at him but otherwise remained as sober-faced as ever.

"White?" Miyako said questioningly.

"But there are no cabins designated with white." Mami commented.

"I'll explain it later." Ryouko told them.

"This should be quite exciting..." An said with a smile.

They handed the hand-written list to be organized by a secretary and in less than ten minutes, the list were categorized, typed and printed out.

"Here." Ryouko said, handing the hardcopies to each of the girls. "That's your team."

An scanned her blue eyes over the document and a smile curled at the corner of her lips. "This is a nice team... Very interesting. I'm getting more and more excited." She thought, a malicious glint in her eyes.

"Aww... So boring... I'm stuck with so many Seigaku members... And six of them are first-years..." Mami complained, her brown eyes scanning the list. "Of which three are in my class. Augh." She added in exasperation.

"Well, isn't it an advantage that you know almost all your members? I like my list. There are lots of Seigaku members too." Miyako told her.

"Ah, you got Tezuka-senpai! I wanted to get Tezuka-senpai!" Mami screeched out, pointing an accusing finger at Miyako's list.

Miyako giggled. "Too bad for you then... But Fuji-senpai is on yours. I hoped to get him on my team. So that is one-up on me too. We're quits." She shrugged her shoulders.

Tomoka was frantically searching her list for one solitary name. "Ryoma-sama, Ryoma-sama, Ryoma-sama..." She mumbled. When she stopped, her face was downcast. "He's not here." She whined.

Sakuno's heart skipped a bit. On the very top of her list was Ryoma's name. "He's on my team. We're on the same team..." She thought almost numbly. She couldn't believe her luck. A timid smile visited her lips. "Ryoma-kun..." She said under her breath.

Ryouko, on the other hand, was smirking at her own list, scanning the names with a burning spark in her rust-colored eyes. She got members from all the ten teams but the only Seigaku ones were two freshmen. None of the regulars were present. Anyway, she was more interested at how the members from the neighboring teams would fare. It was bad of her to think in such a way but she was anticipating some sort of fun fights among all these players. Many of them are quite famous for their strong and flawless tennis styles. And most importantly, for their queer personalities and nasty tempers. "This ought to be very fun..." She thought.