CHAPTER 12: The Tale of the Female Manager/Assistant Coach and the Inui Juice

News of the new female manager of Seigaku reached the ears of many rival schools in the Kantou region. Being the national champion, each and every occurrence in Seigaku seemed to interest the schools in their area.

Ryouko however, didn't really care what they think of her. It wasn't as if she'll gain anything with their opinions and comments.

She looked at down at the notebook where she was scribbling something down. She almost got all of the data completed. She remembered her other notebooks she filled during her stay at the girls tennis club.

She stood up and scanned the players for Inui.

"Senpai..." She called as she approached him.

Inui turned around and faced her.

"What is it, Ryouko?" Inui asked. During Ryouko's three-day stay in the boys tennis club since that not-so-pleasant first impression that happened four days ago, the boys certainly began noticing how beneficial it is to have a female manager.

Many of them accepted her gladly, and they began to get used to her presence every practice sessions. Some of them, although secretly, began to look forward to practice more since the day she arrived.

"These can be useful." She said, handing him the three medium-thick notebooks.

Inui took them. "Data?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Of the regulars?" He asked, looking at the pages.

"Of all the Seigaku members." She replied.

Inui's eyebrows almost jumped out in surprise. "When did you collect these?" He asked, turning one of the notebooks page to page.

"Since I've transferred." She answered simply.

"Hmmm... These are very detailed..." He said.

"What are detailed?" Kikumaru asked playfully, prying as he always did. What he saw in those notebooks were nothing but a name at the top and a bunch of mathematical equations. "Nyaa." He said cluelessly with a question mark on his forehead and was forced to retreat.

"Please make good use of it." Ryouko told Inui.

"Gladly." Inui answered, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. It twinkled as it hit the light.

Meanwhile, outside the court, Shiba and Inoue arrived.

"It's because you forgot to take the car for maintenance that we weren't able to come earlier..." Inoue told his kouhai.

"Sumimasen... (I'm sorry...)" Shiba said.

"Oh, Inoue... How come I haven't seen you for quite a while?" Ryuzaki-sensei asked, greeting them.

"We were a bit busy in the office." Inoue answered.

"Sensei, there's a girl on the court. Isn't she lost? The girls tennis club is on the other side." Shiba said, pointing at the girl with her long, dark hair tied up in high twintails.

"She's not. She's Ryouko, our new manager and assistant coach." Ryuzaki-sensei replied.

"Eh?" Shiba said disbelievingly.

"A girl for a manager?" Inoue said, not believing his ears.

"It's about time that that reaction gets old..." Ryuzaki-sensei sighed.

"Why did you take a girl for a manager? And assistant coach, you said... In my opinion, Seigaku doesn't need an additional coach. And an extremely young one at that..." Inoue commented.