CHAPTER 33: Trapped inside the Subway train

Inside the subway train

"It's more cramped than I've thought..." Ryouko commented as she maneuvered her feet for them to land in a more comfortable position.

"Stop squirming around..." Ryoma told her.

"I would like to do that if possible. My feet are killing me." Ryouko answered.

All of a sudden, the train lurched and Ryouko bumped into the back of a guy wearing headphones.

"Hey, watch it!" The guy exclaimed. Then he looked behind him and saw Ryouko.

"The train lurched. I didn't mean it." She told him.

Seeing how cute the perpetrator was, the guy suddenly displayed a change in attitude. "No, no. It's fine. Are you alright?" He asked Ryouko.

She nodded in response. The guy turned around to face her. "By the way ojou-chan (little miss), how old are you?" He asked.

Before Ryouko can answer, Ryoma grabbed her hand and pulled her towards another area in the train.

"Oi, chotto. (Hey, wait.)" She said a she was left with no option but to get dragged.

They stopped at an area near the other exit.

"Stop dragging me around." She told him as she jerked her hand away.

"I did that for your own good. Be grateful." Ryoma replied.

A couple of high schoolers stood not far from where they were standing. They spotted Ryouko due to her flashy outfit. "Oi, anoko kawaii... (Hey, that girl's cute.)" One said to the other.

"I wonder how old she is." The other replied.

Ryoma took hold of the metal pole next to Ryouko and shielded her from their sight protectively.

Finally, they reached the next terminal. The train door opened but as soon as Ryoma and Ryouko were getting ready to come down, a large group of people filed inside. They were swept so easily and got further inside the subway train.

"We have to get off..." Ryouko said as she fought off a sea of arms and limbs, trying to go near the exit. She grabbed Ryoma's hand. After all, they can't afford to be separated too like what happened with Gaito and the others.

Before they can reach the exit, the train door closed.

"Maji de?(For real?)" Ryoma said in exasperation as he felt the train move again.

"Let's go near the exit. We have to get out on the next stop." Ryouko told him.

As there were more people inside the train, it became more cramped. Ryoma took hold of the metal pole on both sides of Ryouko, completely trapping her within his arms and protecting her from being bumped into by people. The train lurched and Ryoma was forced to lean close to Ryouko. Having no proper foothold or anything to hold onto, Ryouko held Ryoma's waist to avoid slipping. The shoes she have on was definitely not one that you can use on a survival ride inside the subway train during rush hour.

"Watch where you're touching." Ryoma told her.

"And you should stop smothering me." She said as Ryoma got bumped into by someone causing him to lurch closer to her. Her face got buried on his chest.

"Take hold of the hem of my shirt on both sides. The ride is shaky. You need something to hold onto." Ryoma instructed.

Ryouko did as she was told but apparently, it wasn't enough to keep her steady on her feet. This ride was definitely harder than the balance training both of them have undergone for tennis.