CHAPTER 95: To Tie a Ribbon

Atobe tapped his foot impatiently, staring glumly at the wall of the dimly-lit room. Right before the bonfire was lit, Amane called him into the control room of the main cabin, saying that his father wished to talk to him. He missed the bonfire lighting and completely lost sight of Ryouko afterwards. He wanted to go back to the grounds and find her immediately, feeling a bit anxious for reasons he cannot fathom.

"What's taking so long?" He complained. "Isn't it just a phone call?"

"Sorry, young master. The staff are still setting up the computer. The CEO wishes to talk to you face to face." Amane answered.

"Then tell them to hurry up. I don't have all night." He said, sounding annoyed.

"Yes, young master." Amane replied with a nod and went on his way.

As he waited, Atobe began to ponder on something; well, someone, actually. He began to recall the time he met Fujioka Ryouko. He closed his fist and narrowed his violet eyes. It had not been long. He just couldn't understand why is it that he's feeling anxious over a girl whom he had only known for a few months... Why is it that he seemed to... care, he paused as his chest gave a jolt, about that girl a little too much? He doesn't want to admit that but... there's no denying it now, because even at this time, she's the only one he can think about.

The staff had finished setting up the camera for the chairman's video chat and Atobe's thoughts were put to a stop. He was called inside a much smaller room with only a table, a chair and a white roll-down screen can be found. A laptop is placed on the center of the table with a small projector attached on it.

Atobe sat down on the chair and picked up the glass of iced lemon juice beside a plate of petite shortcakes, both provided by the staff as his refreshments. After taking a sip, he turned the laptop's camera towards him and pressed some keys.

The laptop came to life and a few seconds later, the image of the CEO of Atobe Industries filled the entirety of the white screen.

"What the heck is it, I'm busy here..." He greeted his father with an irritated tone.

"If you are busy then how busy do you think I am, you sorry excuse of a son." Atobe senior answered, narrowing his bluish-purple eyes at him.

Keigo picked up a shortcake and took a bite. "If you're so busy then how come you still have time to bother me?" He said.

"There is an urgent matter that you have to deal with as soon as possible." Atobe senior said. "By the way, is the camp going smoothly?"

"Activities were put on hold for today because of the storm but everything's fine now. We'll resume the events tomorrow." Keigo answered.

"The doctors gave me an update on Ryouko's condition. It is very fortunate that it's not very serious." He told his son.

"Not very serious?" Keigo repeated, feeling annoyed. "The girl is not allowed to walk. She's been hanging out on a wheelchair all day. You call that 'not very serious'?" He added, emphasizing the words.

Atobe senior gave an amused smile. "You've developed quite a soft spot for her, haven't you?"

Keigo looked away from the screen and looked uncomfortable. "Soft spot, my butt. I'm just concerned that the Fujiokas will take this against me if she gets seriously injured."

"Whatever you say, then." His father answered. After that, his demeanor changed to something business-like. "Well, what I am calling about concerns the camp and that's why we need to converse immediately to make the necessary coordinations. You are, after all, still named as the main instigator of this camp." CEO Atobe started to explain.