CHAPTER 133: Just Because of a Single Kiss

The next day, Ryoma went to school as usual and Ryouko accompanied her parents to spend the day outside before they return to England in the afternoon. They both looked forward to the moment they would no longer be pre-occupied and they can go see the person they wanted to see the most. Both have no idea that they harbor the same thoughts of having a serious talk with each other.

For now, they had things to deal with. Ryoma prepared himself to smoothly go through the schoolday and Ryouko did her best to give her full, undivided attention to her parents.

Meanwhile, in the Fujioka manor, Ichidou could be seen rolling around in his bed, figuring out what he wants to do about the two blockheads who had been making his head ache. His Aunt and Uncle invited him to go with them and he refused politely, saying that he wanted to rest for the whole day.

For the whole time that Ryoma and Ryouko were sorting out their thoughts and feelings, they were not the only ones busy thinking. Ichidou, still feeling frustrated that he cannot make sense of both Ryoma and Ryouko's actions, had also been formulating conclusions and observing them diligently.

Last night, he saw from the balcony that Ryoma was outside the gate with his Uncle letting him in so he went to Ryouko's room to inform her. She was about to knock on Ryouko's door when he saw it was opened a gap. He accidentally overheard her telling her father to send Ryoma away. Ichidou was bewildered. Why would she send him away? She had never done such a thing before. He spent the whole night trying to figure out Ryouko and Ryoma's actions so he may guess what is going on between the two of them.

Unlike the two tennis freaks, Ichidou is not oblivious. Taking a deep breath, he gathered the facts together.

Incident one, Ryouko seemingly went home in a hurry yesterday. During his phone call with Ryoma after Ryouko's arrival, it was clear that Ryoma didn't know anything about her returning home. Perhaps he was even looking for her.

Incident two, Ryoma went to the mansion to see Ryouko but she refused to see him. It's clear hat something happened between them, something that is enough for Ryouko to feel uncomfortable to see Ryoma. No, not uncomfortable... It might be more accurate to say that she looks uneasy and embarrassed.

Truth be told, Ichidou had always thought that Ryoma and Ryouko had something more than friendship. It became more evident to him now that they've grown up a bit.

Before he left England, Ichidou received a phone call from Hotaru. He and Hotaru weren't exactly chummy so he was mystified about why that pale sociopath would call him. Then Hotaru actually apologized about something that happened four years ago. Hotaru told him about what happened in Japan with Ryoma and Ryouko during his stay and by the end of the call, Ichidou realized that Hotaru had accepted Ryoma as Ryouko's dear friend.

"I hate to admit it but I think he's someone who can be trusted with Ryouko... And Ryouko really likes him..." Hotaru had said.

Ichidou wasn't dumb to not understand the nature of the 'like' that Hotaru was talking about. The same thought went through Ichidou's mind often and he didn't know whether he was grateful or frustrated that Ryouko couldn't seem to wrap her head around her own feelings.

Even Hotaru was able to notice during his brief stay... Clearly, those two have feelings for each other that spans more than that of best friends. Thinking about it, Ryouko went missing on Thursday afternoon and went back on Sunday afternoon so it means that she had been alone with Ryoma in his house for three whole days and nights.

Ichidou sat up abruptly. Perhaps, did something happen while they were home alone? A sudden thought hit Ichidou like lightning. Why is it that he just realized such an important thing?