CHAPTER 79: Tug of War

• इन्हें समर्पित: afakaganda

"Oi, we're here." Atobe said, moving his shoulder to shake Ryouko awake.

Ryouko woke up with a start and lifted her head upright. "Eh? Huh?" She said as if she didn't know where she is or what is happening. The third event announcement came back in mind and she realized that Atobe is still carrying her.

"I want down." She said almost babyishly. Atobe resisted the urge to laugh.

"You should untie the handkerchief first." He told her.

"How long have I slept?" She asked as she unknotted it from her hands.

"Maybe fifteen minutes." He answered. As Ryouko dismounted safely, he pointed at a space in the clearing. "Look. Those must be the duffle bags that Gakuto is talking about."

There was a wooden table in the clearing, two brown enormous duffle bags sitting on its surface. At the sides of the table, two single-sized dark maroon tents stood high.

"I wonder what those tents are for." Ryouko wondered out aloud, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She yawned once.

"Well, we better read the instructions and find out." Atobe told her. "By the way, you become heavier when asleep." He commented.

"Shut up. You were the one who volunteered to carry me. Don't make complaints at me now." She snapped at him.

"I won't complain if you didn't drool on my shirt." Atobe retorted.

"I so did not drool on your shirt!" Ryouko shouted, quite offended.

Atobe smirked at her in that extremely arrogant way that she hated. "Stop fooling around with me." She said in annoyance.

"I would if you don't make yourself so susceptible to teasing." He pointed out.

They walked towars the small table and Ryouko grabbed the duffel with the number one on it in an irritated manner. She glared at Atobe before snatching the message card attached on the zipper.

"Sheesh. You sure hold grudges. I was only joking." He said before looking at his own message card.

"Open the duffle bag inside the tent. Don't forget to zip the tent close." Ryouko read out loud. "That's what mine says." She told Atobe.

Atobe held his card to her. "Mine too." He lifted his duffel and went inside one of the tents. "Later." He said before zipping it up.

Ryouko also lifted hers and entered the other tent. She placed the duffel inside and zipped it close.

"What's the big idea with this event?" She wondered. They sure made a lot of preparations for this one game.

Gakuto said that they will get the catch of the game once they see what is inside the duffel. To satisfy her curiosity, she didn't wait another second and quickly opened the bag.

"What the?" She almost cursed out loud as she saw what was inside it. She lifted the delicate material with her hands, her eyes wide. Suddenly, a card fell from the white fabric.

'Surprise! Surprise! The real name of this event is 'Cosplay Doubles Matches!' Each member will be assigned a costume according to the category designated to each team and play the match wearing it! The second team have drawn the Wedding theme from the lottery! Good luck to all! Let the best-dressed and most powerful team win!'

Ryouko's shoulders sagged. She is supposed to play a tennis match? Wearing a wedding gown? Are they serious?!

She took the dress out of the duffel and let the skirt down. It has a very exquisite design, an off-shoulder white gown with lots of frills and pink flowers along the neckline. "I hate pink." She said in disgust. To make it more terrible, it actually has a pair of gloves and a veil to go with it. There is also a gleaming pair of white shoes that looked as if it came out of a fairytail princess' wardrobe. Does she have to put on all of them?

Tennis no Ojou-sama: A Prince of Tennis Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें