The Cabin

"Anya, the police are here," her father said in a bold, pounding, and strict voice. "Come downstairs now." She was shaking while walking towards the staircase leading into the living room. There were two police officers and a man in a suit and tie. She stood by her parents, hoping she's not in trouble.

"Anya Rowan Pritchett," the man in the suit and tie stood up and held his hand out. She shook it lightly.

"What is this about?" Anya asked.

"You recently witnessed the shooting of Senator Reed Quinn," she bowed her head and stared at the ground. "We need you to come with us."

"What?!" she yelled. "No, not without my lawyer!" Anya yelled again.

"No lawyer, no judge, no government officials. You are going into a top secret protected program for people who witnessed traumatic events. You witnessed Senator Quinn's death and therefore you need to be protected by the nation." Anya shook her head and began to hyperventilate and cry. "It's time to go now before it's too late."

A police officer went over and put handcuffs on behind her back. She screamed and tried to fight. "Mom! Dad! Do something!" she yelled at them. "Mom, Dad!" Anya screamed as they pushed her out of the house and into a tinted black SUV. The man in the suit and tie sat next to her, facing forward, with no emotion or expression being shown.

*****

She answered the door to find two police officers and a man in a suit and tie. "Hello Officers, how can I help you?" she asked crossing her arms across her stomach.

"Locklyn Giovanna Monsey," she moved out of the way and let them inside. A boy was sitting on the couch muting the television. "And Cason Finnegan Koehn. You both need to come with us."

"No way!" Cason yelled while standing from the couch. Locklyn's mother came into the living room from the kitchen. "Not without a lawyer."

"What is going on here?" Locklyn's mother asked.

"Locklyn, Cason, you witnessed the death of Senator Reed Quinn a couple of days ago." The two exchanged looks and nodded. "You both are now part of a top secret protected program by the nation. You need to come with us immediately." One officer went over to Locklyn and put handcuffs on her, she screamed. The other officer went over to Cason and put handcuffs on him also and he tried to fight back.

As the officers pushed them out of Locklyn's house, Locklyn screamed for her mother, who didn't do anything but stand there.

"Who is going to tell my mother and stepfather where I am?" Cason asked the officer before he was about to close the door.

"Don't worry about it, son. Its under control," he said as he slammed the door in Cason's face. He looked over at Locklyn sitting on the other side of the man in the suit and tie. Her face was pale, her eyes were puffy and red, and she stared back at Cason.

*****

He was in the garage, trying to fix his car. He stopped, stood up straight, and wiped his hands on the rag that was sitting on top of the car. Two police officers and a man in a suit and tie came walking towards where he was standing.

"Trace David Beemer, you witnessed the death of Senator Reed Quinn a couple days back."

"So? It was a stupid shooting that could have happened to anyone."

"You need to come with us immediately. You are part of a top secret protected program from the nation's government. You need to come with us."