Day 104-Locklyn

Cason was better after two days of rest. He just had a small cold that escalated into something bigger. It's been almost three weeks since everyone made me go on bed rest, and it sucks. I hate sitting around and I'm scared about these babies. I have no idea how many are inside of me or if they are healthy or anything really. I have never been this scared of something, but I am and really wish my mother was here to tell me everything is going to be okay and the outcome will be good in the end.

I sat in the recliner and watched the national news. It was always the same stuff. Right now, storms are destroying the Midwest and killing many people and then on the other side of the world, a war is going on and it's getting worse it seems.

While I was reading a book from the bookcase, the news reporter said, "The trial of New York Senator Reed Quinn, started yesterday. Senator Quinn was brutally murdered on August 17th by three men and the president ordered this as an act of terrorism. Quinn was known for his outstanding donations to children and elderly people across New York state. Before his murder, he got into legal troubles for fraud and decided to resign for health reasons, and to focus on his family. No witnesses were reported at the murder scene." I turned the volume up on the television. "Since the president is calling Quinn's murder as an act of terrorism, the trial is based off of neighbors who heard the gunshots and screaming that night and the fraud issues Quinn was encountering. Police confirm that the three men are still on the loose and are still searching for them. From cameras on streetlights, they got a description of what the men could look like. We will be covering the trial as it progresses."

Trail? Fraud? I was a witness to his murder and we couldn't make out what the three men looked like. How can a camera on a streetlight could?

Something isn't adding up about what she was saying. If the president is ordering his murder an act of terrorism, where was the threat. What about the neighbors, did they see us getting questioned by police? Something isn't right and I'm not liking this.

Anya came into the living room with some food for me. "Here, I made you some food. I know you are hungry more with the babies, so, I made some potatoes, I cut up some strawberries, and then I took some pasta with sauce. How does that sound?"

"Amazing. Thanks, Anya." I took the tray and began eating. "Sit down with me. Everyone else is working, I don't like being alone."

"Okay. How are you feeling?"

"Good. My right side is hurting. I think the twins are in my first uterus because I feel the skin stretching sometimes." Anya smiled. "Do you remember the night of Senator Quinn's murder?"

"Yeah, why?"

"What do you think of it? There is a trial going on about his murder and his fraud issues, but they are reporting no witnesses and only a streetlight camera got a look of what the three men looked like. If we couldn't make out what they looked like, how can a camera in the middle of the night. Neighbors are reporting screaming and the gunshots going off, but I know some saw us five being questioned by the police after we called." Anya made a face and sat back on the couch. "Do you really think this is an act of terrorism because there was no threat to the community, only to Senator Quinn?"

"Now that you say that, it does seem fishy. Senator Quinn was a good guy, he paid for Armin's funeral costs for my family, which was really sweet of him to do. His daughter was two grades below us at The Witting Academy and remember how she tried so hard to be our friend." I laughed, nodded, and stuck a potato into my mouth. "I don't know what to say Lock, we just have to keep watching the news and see if anything really does add up."