The Hospital-Locklyn

We were transported to New York this morning and landed at the hospital an hour ago. They had to put Cason in a different ward since he was going in and out of consciousness and the infection he has. I was put in the maternity ward and the girls were in the same room as me. They haven't told me anything about Joel yet and I was getting nervous by that.

I was sitting up in bed while holding Everleigh. She was awake and just staring up at me. "Everleigh," I said softly to her and she made a noise. I smiled widely and kissed her forehead. "mommy loves you." soon Paislee started to fuss and I reached over while cradling Everleigh in my left arm and scooped up Paislee with my right arm. She stopped fussing and just stared up at me also. "Paislee girl," I giggled.

"Locklyn, you have some visitors. Can they come in?" the nurse stuck her head through my door. I held my breath and mouthed yes. "you can go in and see her," the nurse held open the door and my father and mother came into the room. My mother was dressed in scrubs and looked very upset in me, they same look I always get, the Dr. Monsey dagger eyes.

"Mom, Dad," I was anxious as what they will say. I started to cry and shook my head. "I'm sorry about this. I didn't mean to get pregnant. I didn't know I could. I'm sorry and understand how you want to disown me and never see me again."

"Locklyn, angel, we aren't going to disown you," my father came over, sat on bed, and kissed my forehead. "you should be grateful to have these babies and don't ever think less, got it." I nodded and cried harder. "you aren't going to be alone in this, you have us and we will help you."

"Mom, how do you feel about this?" I asked her.

"I'm upset that you had children so young and before marriage. I warned you about the possibilities of having sex and look at you; a mother to triplets." I looked down at the girls in my arms. "I met your son and he looks just like you. he came in last night and–"

"How is he doing? what do you know about his condition? Please tell me, Mom, no one else has told me anything. I need to know how he's doing."

"He needs to have open heart surgery and soon. His doctor is Dr. Patelli, and as you know is one of the best doctors any baby with a heart defect can have. I can't be his doctor since he is my daughter's son, but I can give you updates on his health. Right now they have him under a UV light for jaundice and a breathing machine and feeding tube. He is getting put on an ECMO machine later today."

"So, he's going to live?" my mother nodded. "thank you for telling me, Mom." She grinned and stood there. "These are your granddaughters though."

"What are their names?" my father asked excitedly. "They look just like Cason and exactly alike."

"They're identical twins."

"Mirror twins, meaning the egg split about a week after conception. Do you get confused on who is who?" my mother came closer to my bed.

"All the time. I look at the two of them and try to see what is different between them, but I don't see anything. The only way I know who is who is by their cries."

"Yeah, they are mirror twins. I can tell just by looking at them."

"What are their names and when were they born?" my father asked. "Can I hold one?" I nodded and handed him Everleigh. I looked at my mother and she grinned lightly. I lifted Paislee up just a bit and my mother nodded and took her out of my arms.

"Well, Dad, you have the first baby girl and her name is Everleigh Vivian River born on May 2nd at 12:03 in the morning and Mom, you have Paislee Faith Meadow born on May 2nd at 12:06 in the morning."

"You put Vivian as the middle name for Everleigh," my father said and got tears in his eyes, "why?"

"Because I know how much her death affected you two and somehow I felt it was necessary to do since she was my aunt."

"I like the names, Locklyn," my mother said while sitting in the chair next to my bed. "What is your son's name?"

"Joel Armin Forest and he was born at 12:29 in the morning on May 2nd."

"In honor of Cason's father and Armin." I smiled widely, put my head on the pillow, and my hand on my stomach. "do you know how he's doing or any of the others?"

"No, they won't tell us anything. Cason started to have seizures while in the cabin and a couple times would have these panic attacks where his chest would hurt so badly he passed out and his heart rate would be over 200. He has a viral infection though and is on many medications because he was handling raw meat and caught something from that."

"I will go see him after," my father said. "Did you know his mother had another baby while you two were gone?" I nodded. My mother's beeper went off and she stood up, looked at it, and went to the other side of my bed.

"She's sleeping. I'm going to put her back, which is her crib?" I pointed to it and my mother ran out of the room.

My father took her seat and sighed heavily. "You two are fighting again, huh?"

"I don't want to add more stress to you, angel."

"Tell me, Dad. I know for a fact she's pissed at me for having triplets, I'm not stupid. The way she came in here all tense and angry looking, how she didn't even want to hold Paislee, she couldn't even say grandson." I was upset by how she was acting. "Are you two fighting because if so, I am not coming back home."

"Yes, we're fighting again. we haven't stopped since you left and she actually moved out and got an apartment downtown."

"She's leaving you then?" My father pressed his lips together and stared down at Everleigh. "Dad, tell me the truth, is Mom leaving you or not?"

"Yes, she got divorce papers and we are going to court in a month to start the process. She is threatening to take the house and cars but I won't allow that. She moved out, I should keep the house. Anyway, she wants to follow Rydal to LA."

"I thought Rydal's in Europe."

"When we told her you were taken, she cancelled her tour, came back home and was offered a job in LA again. Mom wants to go with her."

"And where do you want to go?"

"I'm not going anywhere. I finally got my little girl back and three wonderful and beautiful surprises. I'm going to stay here in Quincy and help you raise your children."

"Really?" my father nodded, stood up, and slowly put Everleigh in her crib. He sat back down and smiled at me. "We need to figure out a nursery, cribs, car seats, a new car for me because my little BMW won't fit three babies. Also, I want to know if Cason can move in with me so we can take care of our children together. Isobel just had another baby and is very overwhelmed with that and having to truck three more babies to her house would be even worse."

"Cason can move in with us. I want to hire two nannies because I want one of you to work at least three to four times a week for me in my office. You two are eighteen and have three children and need to start working and saving. And I want the nannies in case one of you get sick or Cason has a seizure." I nodded. "I will get your grandfather and uncles to come and paint the spare bedroom next to your room, I will buy you three cribs, bedding, a changing table, clothes, diapers, everything you need for the babies, I will get it for you."

"Really dad?" he nodded and took my hand. "Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I can't thank you enough."

"I do want to throw a baby shower for you guys and introduce the triplets to everyone in the family." I laughed and smiled widely. "I love you, Locklyn, and your beautiful children."

"I love you too, Daddy." I hugged him tightly and rested my head on his shoulder.