Day 1-Anya

We arrived at the cabin mid-afternoon. We were asleep for a day it seemed like. The two police officers and the man in the suit and tie are gone, nowhere to be found, and it's just us five until they come back for us and let us live a normal life.

What are the kids at school going to think when we aren't there the first day? Everyone knew us as the posse or the group, as we never let anyone else become part of our friendship or sit at our table at lunch or even let them talk to us.

In school, we were popular, and because our parents were very well-known and gave a lot of money to the school, it seemed we had to be popular to even get by in school. I guess that's why they call it private school and not public school.

We walked together through those halls and everyone moved out of the way for us. They knew when we were coming just by everyone staring at us or hearing our footsteps in unison. When Locklyn and Cason began dating, people were betting if they would last, and if they did breakup, who would leave the group first. Everyone thought it would be Cason, but we may never know since we are here, in this cabin, in the middle of a thick forest.

The cabin was big on the outside, with a wrap around porch that goes all the way to the back of the house where there is a deck and stairs leading down the embankment to the pond. There were two patio sets, one in the front and one in the back, a swinging bench in the front, and comfy looking chairs in the back. At the pond was a hammock and four Adirondack chairs.

Trace opened the door and walking into the cabin, it was very open and lit. The living room was to the left and it had a stone wall with the fireplace built in, two couches, the TV mounted above the fireplace, and a recliner chair. Straight ahead was the kitchen and it was connected to the dining room. In the kitchen was a glass sliding door, which leads to the back deck. The stairs leading upstairs was to the right of the front door. I walked up them to find the rooms numbered and the bathrooms lettered. It was very spacey and open. I went to my room; bedroom number three.

Opening the door, I saw the bed in the middle of the room. There were two black suitcases on the bed. It was neutral with a tint of some girly stuff, like the bedspread was pink, the curtains were a flower pattern, and the walls were painted a beige color.

I opened the suitcases and found many of my clothes and some new ones. There were no words, no tags, no brand names on the clothes. I began to go through the suitcases, sorting everything out and organizing the room a bit better. At least they packed many underwear, bras, and tank tops. There were three bathing suits, five sweatshirts; two zip, two hoodies, and one pullover. Many pairs of pants, jeans, and sweatpants. Seven sets of pajamas, like one for each day of the week, and a bag of makeup.

After organizing the room, reading through the chore list, and where everything is in the house, I went back downstairs to look through the kitchen. Everyone else came in and saw what I was doing.

"Okay, so I think we should plan out the meals for each day of the week, try and use our resources carefully," Cason said. "We don't know how long we are going to be here for, so, we need to plan accordingly. Now, I noticed in the hall closet two shotguns, two fishing poles, a bow and arrow, and four utility knives. Trace and I will try and figure out where the alarms and markings are and will see if there is wildlife out here like deer, turkey, even bear."

"We are going to eat raw meat?" Hadley skeeved. "I'm not eating the wildlife here."

"Hadley, we have to. They won't keep meat here for three years in a row, it will rot," Trace said, "if you want to stay alive, we need to eat the wildlife."