Day 187-Hadley

We are down two people. Locklyn is on bed rest and needs to make sure these babies stay in for at least two more months and then Trace actually did break his ankles. Anya looked at them closely after two days of him crying and screaming every time he tried to stand up and he indeed broke them. Anya looked in the cabinet downstairs and found foldable crutches and gave them to Trace to at least help him gain some strength to go to the bathroom and try to walk around.

Since we are short people, Cason doubled up on his duties, offering to take Trace's chores if Anya and I help Locklyn and get her whatever she wants. We agreed, thinking it wouldn't be a problem, but it is. She is always wanting tea or lemonade and now that the weather is warmer, she is always complaining she's hot. I cannot wait till these babies are born.

I was washing the laundry today and having Lock fold and sort the clothes. Trace is in a lot of pain from his ankles so I'm not letting him do anything. I brought the first basket to Lock who was sitting on the couch, waiting for me. Trace was lying on the other couch with two ice packs on his ankles and pillows under them to have a cushion.

"Here Lock, you can start this load."

"Thanks Hadley," she took the basket and froze to touch her stomach. She took a deep breath and began to sort the clothes first. She stopped and touched her stomach again.

"You okay?"

"The babies are very active today. I am not good with pain and this is just them kicking."

"You have multiples in there, of course it is going to hurt more," Trace said. He was watching the movie channel and a cartoon was on. "And get used to this, your children are going to be obsessed with cartoons."

"No they won't. They will be obsessed with sports and drawing. I will not have my children glued in front of a television. I won't allow it." Trace laughed and nodded. "Had, can you get me some fruit? The babies are hungry."

"Keep saying babies when really you want it Lock," Trace had an attitude.

"Shut up, Trace!" she yelled.

"Both of you stop!" I yelled. "Trace, Locklyn is pregnant and if she says the babies are hungry, then they are hungry. Leave her alone. She is very pregnant and uncomfortable."

"Fine, I'm sorry Locklyn." Trace looked over at her and smiled. "I want my nieces and nephews to live. If you need to eat more, then eat so they are healthy." She nodded and looked down at her huge stomach. It is two times bigger than it was two weeks ago, it keeps getting bigger, and I do not know if she will be able to make it to May, that is two months away still.

I went back to the basement and began the next load of laundry. I cleaned out the hidden bedroom upstairs and sorted the baby clothes. I am washing them for the first time today.

I heard Cason in the meat room and he was talking to himself it seemed. I was trying very hard to concentrate on the laundry but what he was saying kept me from continuing my chores.

"I want to kill you!" he screamed and banged the wall. "Why did you take him away from me?" he yelled. "WHY?"

I ran up the basement stairs, out the glass sliding door, down the deck steps, and into the meat room from the outside. Cason stared back at me. His eyes were wide and red, like he was crying or even high. He can't be high because we have nothing you can inject, smoke, or snort,.

"Cason." He shook and began to breathe heavily. He was shaking and trying to hold in his tears. "Talk to me, I'm here to help you." He shook his head, the tears poured out of his eyes, and he fell to the ground in a ball. He touched his chest and was trying his best to take a deep breath. "Cason!" I ran over to him and pried his hand away from his chest. He was stiff and soon lying on the ground, moaning and not breathing. "Relax!"