Day 200-Cason

We have been here for almost seven months now. Everything isn't what it should be. Back home, baseball and lacrosse season would be starting and prom would be right around the corner. Locklyn already had her dress picked out last year, which was insane for me, and now she'll never wear it. She'll look better in a wedding dress anyway.

I walked into our bedroom and saw Locklyn sitting up against the headboard. She was writing in her journal and has been doing it a lot lately, maybe tracking the pregnancy since we don't have a camera to take pictures of her belly.

I took my shirt off and changed into a clean one. I was fishing for two hours earlier and only caught eight fish. I sat down next to Locklyn and kissed her on the cheek.

"What'd you doing?" I asked while playing with her hair. She giggled and looked over at me.

"Writing about the babies. They keep moving in there and it's annoying; to get my mind off the pain, I have been writing."

I smiled, "good." I lean back against the headboard and was staring down at my hands and how beat up they are and the callouses that formed on my hands from hunting, skinning, prepping, and now fishing, which I hate and never knew I did until now. I wish Trace's ankles could heal up at a quicker rate because this is difficult to handle.

"Cason!" Lock yelled while shaking me. I looked at her and grinned. "You just spaced out, why?"

"I'm tired. I've been doing a lot around the house and really need Trace to heal up and get back to fishing because I hate it so much! I always thought I would like fishing, but I don't and I am about to make Hadley fish so I can hunt more."

"Don't overwork yourself. I need you when the babies are born."

"And I will be here when the babies are born." She smiled and kissed me on the lips. I put my hand behind her neck and held it there tightly. She inched towards me, but her stomach was getting in the way a bit, brushing up against my side.

I deepened the kiss and she pulled me closer to her, but there was a barrier between us, her huge, round, bulging pregnant stomach. I then pushed back, grabbed her arms, and put her on top of me. She took off my shirt and gripped to my sides. She began to breathe heavily and each deep breath she took, she kissed me harder on the lips. I don't want to go farther, but by the looks of it, she does.

"No!" I yelled and pushed her away. She got off and stared at me with sad eyes. "Locklyn, I'm not in the mood. I understand everything is very sensitive for you, but I'm tired and want to rest."

"Okay, sorry. I miss you and feel alone and I know I have everyone here with me, it's just I am sick of sitting around and not doing anything. Trace gets on my nerves sometimes because he has worst mood swings than me." I nodded and put my shirt back on. "He's been screaming in his sleep."

"What?" I looked over at her. "How do you know that? I don't hear him."

"Because you can sleep through a hurricane without budging." I laughed. "When he naps downstairs, he'll start screaming, wake up covered in sweat, and shaking. He is always looking down at his ankles to see if his feet are still there. He won't talk to me about what happened because he doesn't want to worry me with being pregnant and all. I suggest you talk to him because I need my sleep for when the babies get here."

I sighed and put my head back against the headboard. "Ugh, fine!" I got out of bed, left the room, and went to Trace's room. I knocked and opened the door. He was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room, staring down at his ankles. "Trace, can we talk?" he nodded and I shut the door behind me and crossed my arms across my chest.