The Hospital-Cason

I had a seizure in the ambulance and when I arrived at the hospital the doctors performed many tests and scans of my brain. The doctors diagnosed me with a viral infection and inflammation in the brain, which is causing the seizures, but they also told me that I may be have a late onset of epilepsy.

I was able to share a room with Locklyn since we are together and have children. they haven't really told us anything about the triplets and I am starting to worry, mostly for Joel and how he wasn't breathing and needed to be rushed to the hospital.

I talked with Sherriff Topher and he called my mother and she's on her way.

Two doctors took Locklyn to check out her reproductive system and to see if anything got torn while giving birth. She left about two hours ago and I'm getting worried about her now. I hope nothing happened while giving birth because I would feel even worse than I already do.

I had the television on but wasn't watching it, instead I was staring at the three pictures I grabbed before leaving the cabin. One was a picture of me when I was six, another was my father and I at one of my soccer games when I was seven, and the last is just a photo of my father. I also took the entries my father wrote and had them piled in order next to my bed.

"Cason Finnegan!" I heard and looked up to see my mother standing there. She was crying hysterically, ran over to me, and hugged me tightly. "My baby, don't ever scare me like that again. you go to Locklyn's house and I never see you again. I was so scared for you."

"I missed you so much mom." I started to cry. She sat down next to me and held tightly to my hand. "Dad was in the cabin."

"What?"

"Dad didn't leave, he was taken like me, to the cabin and he killed himself there. See these pictures, these were the ones that were missing from dad's house and these are his journal entries from staying in the cabin."

"Cason, I am so sorry. I can't believe he killed himself though."

"I know, me either. I didn't even know he was able to do it or even thought of killing himself. I feel sick just thinking he was at the point of suicide. I never once thought of killing myself."

"And don't ever think like that. Your father wouldn't want you to do that stuff either." I nodded. "how are you feeling? The doctor told me about your seizures and how you got a viral infection. How would you get the infection?"

"I was handling raw meat. I was the one who had to hunt and would skin and cut the meat I brought in. it was so gross, Mom, I don't ever want to see red meat again." she giggled and crossed her legs. "I feel okay, I'm tired mostly."

"I can see the dark bags under your eyes. I've never seen you this tired looking, even when you had your surgery two years ago." I grinned. "The doctor also told me that you're malnourished and dehydrated."

"Yeah, we all are, and I thought we were eating enough food, but I guess not. The doctor told me that we were under so much stress it caused us to burn more calories than what we were eating. Also, we didn't know how long we were going to be in the cabin and was portioning our food wisely." She nodded and put her hand lightly across her stomach. I looked at her closely and noticed she gained weight, not a lot, but noticeable. Her face seemed looked puffy and her hips seemed wider. "Mom, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You gained weight since I left. Did you become sick while I was gone?" she held her breath and shrugged. "Mom, where's Roger? Who's watching Niko and Ruben?"