Day 116-Anya

There is no meat in the house. Cason keeps going out to hunt, but it's the middle of winter and he isn't catching anything. Trace is trying to create something that will cut through ice so he can fish and that can be some kind of protein for us.

We leave the fire going twenty-four seven, even though they said ten hours, we are always cold and need warmth. Lately, everyone has been traveling downstairs to the living room at night to sleep. Locklyn stays in the recliner and will sometimes go to the couch where Cason will be, Hadley is on the other couch, Trace took the extra blankets he had in his room, came down, and made a small bed, and I moved the coffee table to where the bookcase is and did the same thing as Trace.

I was in my room sorting through the clothes I have and trying to figure out what outfits I need now and then ones for warmer weather. After awhile I sat on my bed and sat in the silence.

You admire how the earth keeps moving and people keep growing. You listen to the air and how sometimes you believe it is actually telling you words of wisdom from people who have passed. Then the silence is suffocating you. You grasp for air. You try and breathe normally, but it doesn't happen. Your thoughts become louder, they take you away, and make you think of all the bad memories.

And that's the thing about silence, it could be so peaceful yet so dangerous.

I let tears fall and remember all of the bad things that has happened to me. I lay back on my bed, tears streaming down my cheeks and hitting the sheets, and stare at the ceiling.

And begin to relive the memories.

I was in an accident last year. My parents don't know about it and I lied and said someone hit my car while I was shopping. I was drunk driving though. It was Armin and I and he was drunk also that he was basically sleeping in the passenger seat. We were coming home from a Halloween party because our curfew was midnight.

"Anya!" Armin yelled while sitting up in his seat. I pressed the brakes as a reaction and looked over at him.

"What, Armin? Are you okay?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Guess what I did tonight," he laughed. I rolled my eyes and continued driving. He continued to laugh and his words were jumbled, like gibberish. "I did it."

"Did what?" I was at an intersection and looking to see if any cops were out.

"I did it with Maddie. I kissed her and made out with her." my eyes widened and I glanced over at him. "And then went farther. It was awesome."

"Okay, gross. You are my brother, my younger brother." I laughed and he smacked me, my arm slipping and me swerving into the other lane. "Armin Rocco!" I yelled. "I'm driving over here, don't touch me. Gosh, how many times do I have to tell you."

"Shut up Anya. Just because you were born first doesn't mean you can boss me around. I hate that!" he shook his head. "It's eight fucking minutes!"

"Stop it Armin. I'm glad you had a fun night, okay?"

"Don't get all moody on me! You need to lighten up and then maybe you could get a boyfriend." I sighed and continued driving.

My vision was becoming blurry and the world began to spin at a faster rate. I saw something come out in front of my car and I moved the wheel to the right, went over the curb, and into a small tree. Armin didn't have his seatbelt on and went forward, hitting his nose on the dashboard. It began to bleed instantly. My seatbelt locked and I felt the bruises forming under the surface of my skin. I was breathing heavily, mostly panicking.