Day 248-Cason

I have two daughters and a son. Crap! Two daughters and a son. Triplets. Two daughters that will have to go through puberty and get married and will soon have children of their own. They will go through breakups and mood swings; I can handle Locklyn but I don't know about my daughters. All I've ever known was to take care of baby boys, not baby girls. I got my son and he looks just like Locklyn, which I love about him more now. He is my little man and will play soccer, indoor lacrosse, and baseball, and will grow up with a father around, which is what I never had. It makes me excited because Locklyn knew how much I wanted a son, just to prove to my mother and myself that I will never leave my son and I will always be there for him and teach him which path to take in life.

         He will have a better life than me, all three of my children will grow up not with two parents, but with five parents around, and that is a better family than anyone else's.

         "We need to weigh the babies," Anya said as she cleaned up the mess from Locklyn giving birth. Trace helped Locklyn up off the ground and to the couch near the window. Trace put a blanket over the couch and then over Locklyn. She held onto the baby boy tightly. "Trace, can you help me?" he nodded and went to the scale. Anya gave him a cloth to put over the scale.

         "Let me see baby girl number one," Trace came over and gently took the baby out of my arms. I stood up and followed him to the scale. "Baby number one weighs five pounds two ounces." I took the baby back and sat down on the opposite couch with her. she started to cry and wail.

         "Sh, it's okay," I whispered to her and bounced her lightly. She kept crying. "Anya, what do I do?"

         "she needs to be fed. Locklyn, are you ready to feed your babies?"

         "I guess I am. I don't have a choice, do I?" Anya shook her head. "Here, Cason, lets switch babies." I went over to her and handed her the baby girl and took the baby boy, who was sleeping. "What do I do now?" Locklyn was nervous about this. She's scared and wasn't expecting three children in one pregnancy. This is going to be difficult.

         "Here is a blanket to cover your chest and the baby, then you just feed the baby. That is what it says in the book." Locklyn nodded and covered her chest with a baby blanket from the box. She took off her bra, put the baby to her breast, and started to feed the baby.

         "Had, can I see the second baby girl?" Trace asked. Hadley went over to him and put the baby on the scale. "Four pounds fourteen ounces." Hadley took the baby and held her close to her chest. "And let's see the little man." I went over to the scale and put him on it. "three pounds nine ounces."

         "Why does he weigh so much less than the girls?" I asked while picking him back up.

         "He was in the second uterus. Maybe her first uterus is dominant and most of the nutrients went to the girls. I think he should drink the formula instead of your breast milk since he's so tiny. I can make you a bottle and you can feed him Cason." I nodded and Anya left the living room and was back in minutes with a bottle for me.

         Anya and Hadley washed the babies and dressed them. The first baby girl wore a yellow onesie and white hat, the second baby girl wore a peach colored onesie and white hat, and then the baby boy wore a green onesie and white hat. Each baby was wrapped tightly in a blanket and color coded; the first baby girl had a yellow blanket, the second baby girl had a white blanket, and the baby boy had a green blanket. Locklyn was feeding the second baby girl while Anya held the first baby girl.

         "What will their names be?" Hadley asked.

         I looked at Locklyn. She stared back at me and did a small nod to me. I grinned and looked down at my baby boy in my arms. Staring down at him and looking at his dirty blonde fuzz, the lighter skin tone than the girls, and his eyes an amber-brown color, just like mine, I knew his name was meant to be.