The Hospital-Hadley

The doctors gave me medicine to calm down. They want to keep an extra eye on me because of the cuts I did to myself, admitting I was the one who set the fire, and my heart rate was abnormally high. The doctor also said I am malnourished and dehydrated which could be from having a limited amount of food in the cabin.

         Two cuts on my left arm needed stitches and both of my arms were wrapped in gauze. I was connected to two IVs and a heart monitor. I felt sick to my stomach and hated how I set that fire, which is still burning, and its been a couple days since it happened.

         I stared at the wall to the left of me and let tears fall. I turned my whole body, put my hands under my head, and pulled my knees to my stomach. I had the shades of the windows closed, the television off, and the lights off. I listen to the nurses, the doctors, the sound of wheels on the floor, and the monitors going off, it seems soothing to me and occasionally there is sirens going off outside and it reminds me of New York.

         I want to go back to New York and be in my own house, in my own bed, and with my family being there. I shivered and wondered if anyone called my parents.

         My parents; are they truly my parents or my adoptive parents. Colleen, she is my real sister, we look alike.

         My heart began to race and everything became blurry. The monitor started to beep and my chest was going up and down in a rapid pace.

         A nurse came in and checked the monitor. "Hadley, slow your breathing, everything's fine." I shook my head and couldn't breath. I was choking on nothing and words were stuck in my voice box. The tears came down in waterfalls instead of single teardrops. "I need oxygen!" the nurse yelled and another nurse ran in with a tank and a mask. "Here, Hadley." I held onto the mask tightly and after a five minutes, my breathing was normal. "How do you feel, sweetie?" the nurse has been the same one since I got here. her name is MaryAnn and she is so sweet and gentle to me.

         I have only said a total of five words to her since I got here.

         "Did someone call my parents?" I asked after ten minutes of silence. I took the mask off and lay there with it in my hand. I felt like I didn't need it anymore. "Are they coming?"

         "The sheriff called yesterday, Sherriff Topher, he was the one who helped you five at the fire scene about three days ago. He has been in the hospital since you all arrived and checks on each of you every six hours."

         "I remember him. He helped Joel." MaryAnn smiled. "What did my parents say, are they coming?"

         "Yes, they're coming but Sherriff Topher wants to talk to you before seeing your parents. Is that okay?"

         "Is he going to arrest me for setting the fire?"

         "No, sweetie, he won't arrest you. you were signaling for help. You all suffered with critical injuries and need to stay in a hospital setting. You were all malnourished including the triplets." I let tears fall. "I'm going to send in Sherriff Topher to talk to you, okay?" I nodded and MaryAnn left.

         Sherriff Topher came in, closed the door, and sat down in the chair beside my bed. He took his hat off and set it on the nightstand next to him. he grinned and examined me quickly.

         "Am I in trouble?" I asked quickly.

         "No, I just want to talk to you about what happened in the last ten months. Nothing bad is going to happen to you and I just want everyone's point of view and what you guys saw in the cabin. We found the cabin and are searching it now. The fire is completely out and the cabin's back deck only burned. I have my deputies there now and sending me updates as they come in." I nodded. "Now, Hadley, tell me your story."