Day 95-Cason

Hadley made the body pillow for Locklyn, which I thought was sweet of her to do. She didn't have to do that for her, I was going to, but haven't had time lately. Hunting isn't going well and I am trying my best to bring something in but it doesn't work out.

I am going hunting today, even though there is snow on the ground, some kind of animal must be out today. I got dressed in long johns, jeans, boots, two long sleeved shirts, a jacket, and hat. It's cold out and I don't want to risk anything, especially since Locklyn is pregnant and can't get sick right now.

She was lying in bed hugging the body pillow. I went over and sat next to her. "Locklyn," I shook her awake. She moaned and looked up at me. "I'm going hunting today. If you need anything Anya and Hadley will be in the house. What do you plan on doing today?"

"I want to take a bath. My back is screaming."

"Okay. Just relax today."

"I've been relaxing. I can't do anything anyway because I want these babies to live, I don't want to risk anything."

"That's my girl." I kissed her. "I will see you in a couple hours. Trace is coming with me." She took my face and kissed me once more. "I love you, Lock."

"I love you too, Cason. Be safe, I worry about you two going out there alone. You never know who else is out there. I was hearing voices yesterday and last night. I don't know if you should really go out there today. What if they are still out there?"

"We are men; we can handle anything life throws at us." She laughed and shook her head. "I love you." I kissed her and touched her stomach. She pushed me away and I walked out of the room. I knocked on Trace's door. He opened it and I walked into his room. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let me get my jacket." Trace put his jacket on and we went downstairs, got a gun each, I took the bow and arrow, and we began to walk into the forest.

While walking, we were quiet and trying to listen for movement from animals. I soon started to think about when I first asked Locklyn out on a date. I will never forget that moment and it makes me smile just to think I had the guts to ask her anyway.

We were sixteen years old. All six of us went to a party for beginning of school and soccer mostly. We were in sophomore year of high school, I just got my license, and she was trying to get hers. At the party, the girls went with some other girls and all night long I kept staring at Locklyn. She had on a short navy sparkled dress that was low cut in the front and lace in the back, her hair was wavy and down.

"I'm gonna do it guys," I said to Armin and Trace, "Today is the day."

"For what?" Armin asked while taking a sip of his drink.

"For asking Locklyn out on a date. I'm gonna ask her tonight. She has to say yes to me, we've known each other for years, and we both like each other."

"Are you sure about this, Cason?" Trace asked. "If she says no, what is going to happen to the group?"

"She won't say no. Trust me on this. Look at how stunning she looks in that dress. She changed and in a good way." I grinned widely.

"If you think you are ready, then be my guest," Trace got another beer and smiled at a girl in our grade. He soon went over and started to dance with her.

"Armin, what do you think of this?"

"I think you two will be cute together. She likes you and I know she does. She flirts with you a lot and I believe it is time for you two to move onto the next step and be a couple."