Day 75-Trace

The temperature dropped, a lot. Today it began to snow and that isn't a good sign because the pond will freeze over and I will have to figure out a way to cut a hole and get the fish out. Cason went hunting two days ago and got two deer and should be okay with meat while I figure out a way to ice fish.

My job today is to keep the fire going and to help Anya with cooking and cleaning. Locklyn is doing the laundry and Hadley is cleaning the bathrooms and organizing the books in the living room. I went into the kitchen and saw Anya washing the meat off and then putting it in a pan.

I went over and began to take dishes and silverware out to set the table for lunch. Anya smiled and continued to cook.

"What are we having?" I asked suddenly.

"Leftovers from yesterday for lunch and pan seared deer with some vegetables for dinner. Can you get the plates out and start heating them up?" I nodded, went to the fridge to get the plates from last night, and put them on the counter. Locklyn's plate wasn't touched.

"Is Locklyn sick again?" I asked.

"No, she was fine last night. Why, she didn't eat again?" I nodded and put her plate to the side. I put Hadley's in the microwave first.

"Anya," Locklyn said walking into the kitchen, "I'm taking some crackers off the shelf downstairs. My stomach is hurting." I looked at her and saw this bulge in the stomach area of her shirt. "What, Trace?"

"Are you okay? No offense but it looks like you gained weight and you haven't been eating."

She glared at me while Anya smacked me in the arm. "Yeah, fine." She looked down and walked downstairs to the basement.

"Wow, Trace, way to make her upset."

"You didn't see it?" She shook her head and then shrugged. "Anya, she has a stomach and not a beer gut kind of thing, more like a baby bump kind of thing."

"Look, I saw the bump but I'm not going to say anything to her. She doesn't want to be pregnant right now. She doesn't want to believe it."

"Well, this is reality and it's happening and she needs to come to terms with it. She needs to take care of herself because if she doesn't this baby will be born prematurely or dead."

"She having more than one baby, Trace."

"What?!" I yelled.

"Since she has two uteruses her chances of having twins or more is close to almost eighty percent. If she has a bump now and conceived two weeks after we got here, she's having twins and maybe even triplets. For right now, we are predicting her to be having twins and conceived within the first two weeks of getting here." I nodded. "Now, can you go check on her, she looked really pale and upset. If she needs help with the laundry, help her there."

"No problem." I went downstairs and saw Locklyn sitting in a chair crying. She was staring down at her stomach. "Lock, you okay?" she shook her head. "What's wrong?"

"I can't do this," she sobbed.

"Do what?"

She looked up at me and had tears falling down her face and onto her shirt. She was shaking and breathing heavily. "I'm pregnant."

I sighed and went over to her. I sat on the ground next to her. "I know." She looked at me and wiped her eyes. "I've known since you became sick in early October. I noticed the bump about two weeks ago but can actually see it through your shirt now."

The Secret Five #Wattys2016जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें