Day 30-Cason

We have been in this cabin for exactly a month. I am keeping track of how long and the dates because it is my only way to know what time of year it is here and back home. Back home, they are probably celebrating the big win for soccer and the team is moving onto the championships where they will win another big title. Or, the soccer team lost because the best players are stuck in a cabin in the middle of nowhere!

I have been frustrated because everything is the exact same and back home, it wasn't, back home we would be surrounded by people, be at school, live life like normal teenagers.

Lately it has been difficult to talk to Locklyn and do things with her. Why? I don't know, she isn't herself and I wish I can do something to make her be herself again. I can't and it kills me because she looks sad and upset.

I decided to get Locklyn out of bed and come hunting with me. I know she doesn't like when I go hunting, but, lately there hasn't been a lot of animals and all I have been bringing back is pheasant or turkey, which, is only enough for at least four meals, maybe five.

I barged into my bedroom and saw Locklyn laying in ball. "Get up!" I yelled at her and took the covers off the bed. She moaned and turned to face me. "Get up right now!"

"What is your problem? I'm tired." She yelled back. "Let me sleep!"

"You have been in bed for days now, get up, and come with me." She shook her head. "Locklyn, what is going on right now? You haven't moved from the bed in days and you need to eat something. You look sick and I hate seeing you like this."

"I feel sick. I have this feeling where I want to puke and everything is sensitive. My hearing, my eyesight, my taste buds, everything is heightened and sensitive. I can't take it and just want to lay in the silence of our room." I closed the door, went over to the bed, sat down, and leaned forward. "What's wrong Cason?"

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Excuse me?"

"Why is everything so heightened and sensitive? Is there something else going on that you need to tell me or no?" She sat up and shrugged. "You know, since we came here we have been closer and you aren't on birth control anymore."

"And what are you saying Cason?" She crossed her arms. "I just feel sick and really don't want to argue. Spit out what you have to say."

"Do you think that possibly you could be pregnant?" I asked slow and steady, not to offend her because I can see she is getting agitated with me. I don't want to make her more upset or angry. "That is what I was trying to get out but in a gentle manner."

"I know for a fact I am not pregnant. I can't be and plus I don't want children for another ten years, when we have college degrees, a stable job each, and married and own a house together. We have children when we have our lives in place with each other."

"But Lock—"

"No buts, Cason. I am not pregnant, leave it at that."

I nodded, "Fine. Now get dressed for hunting because you are coming with me while Trace cleans the cutting room and fishes."

"I don't want to go hunting!" she yelled at me. "You are going to kill the poor animals!"

"Do you want to live, Locklyn!" I yelled back at her. "Or do you want to rot away and die because you have no iron or protein or strength to even breath. I don't want that for you at all!" She looked down into her lap and sighed. "Please, Lock, I don't want to go alone and would love to spend some time with you alone, with no one else around."