Day 14-Locklyn

Today is laundry day and I told everyone last night to gather everything that needs to be washed and pile it outside their doors. I wouldn't feel right going into their bedrooms, sort of like no one is allowed in Cason and I's. I woke up early, took the sheets off the bed, picked the clothes up off the floor, and threw them down the stairs along with everyone else's piles.

When all of the clothes were put in the basement, I sorted them out again into piles by sheets, whites, undergarments, and colors. Everyone's initials were on the tags of the clothes; we won't mess them up and switch out clothes.

I have never done laundry in my life before. I had a maid who did my laundry back home. I know some basics like how much detergent should be used per load and one sheet of the dryer sheets should be used. Let's just hope I don't break the machines or it would be hand washing the clothes and I can't handle that much work, my hands will be ruined and my nails will be brittle like paper.

I had a load of whites in first and while waiting for them to finish and be put into the dryer; I slowly examined the basement, and to see if there is anything else hidden in here. I looked at the food closely, noticing jars of honey, peanut butter, some soup mixes and cans, many boxes of granola bars and cereal, and then on the end of the shelf, I notice three giant boxes that read 'Ready to Eat Meals'. I went over and opened a box to find packets of meals, that are freeze-dried, and can be eaten. What is Cason and Trace doing then? We have full meals right here that can be eaten. Did Anya notice these while taking inventory? I moved the boxes to the bottom of the stairs and continued to look around the basement which was cold and smelly.

There was a cabinet behind the stairs and looking at it, it was blending into the color of the walls. I went over and yanked on the knob to open the cabinet. When I opened the cabinet, I found a medical supplies kit, diapers and clothes for babies, fire blankets, fleece blankets, sweatshirts, and a giant book of medical procedures and what to do in an emergency in case someone is hurt, sick, or if a natural disaster happened. This is what Anya should be taking inventory on. She was an EMT before Armin died and knows what to do in an emergency.

When Anya told us she was becoming an EMT because her mother said it would look good on resumes and for college, she was so excited. For her entire life she has always wanted to be a physician's assistant and to work with children. It has always been her dream, up until Armin died and she stopped caring about school, stopped her job as an EMT, and overall, shredded the idea of becoming a physician's assistant. I worry about Anya and it scares me sometimes when she won't talk or will cry for no reason.

What is she going to do after we get out of this cabin? What am I going to do? What are we all going to do? Are we still going to be friends? Yes, of course we will be because we have this bond that no one else understands.

I heard Cason in the small room he made on the other side of the basement, then I heard someone walking down the stairs and see me at the cabinet.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Anya asked.

"Looking around while waiting for the laundry to wash. Did you see this cabinet with all of the medical supplies?"

"Yeah, I did and took an inventory on it and sorted everything by injury. They put everything in this cabin because I was looking in the living room and there are books and games and even movies under the giant buffet thing in the corner. There are medical books, chapter books, picture books, any kind of book you want to read and then the games are mostly board games and some puzzles, we should play one tonight. Unless you and Cason have stuff to do."